Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
And next question:
has anybody got problems setting up mail accounts?
I've set up two of them one works well, but with the other one it'S not possible to send mails. Both accounts are hosted on the same server. The only difference is that the not working one has a from the mailadress differing username.

Also I have no Idea how to send mails which are in the drafts folder.

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Does anybody knows how the Android apps are getting their network connection?
I have a panasonic camera which can be contolled with an adroid app called "panasonic image app". On my N900 that works like charm with Nitdroid.
On my new Jolla the app doesn't find any wifi signals.
The sony qx-10 app "Play memories" connects over wifi but no image from the camera is displayed onscreen. In other words, it gets 99% of the way there, then fails
Jolla #272

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
And next question:
has anybody got problems setting up mail accounts?
I've set up two of them one works well, but with the other one it'S not possible to send mails. Both accounts are hosted on the same server. The only difference is that the not working one has a from the mailadress differing username.
See discussion ending to this post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...68#post1396068

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by att View Post
See discussion ending to this post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...68#post1396068
Thanks! haven't seen that, post.

Has anyone succeeded in adding aliases to the bash? I'm trying to assign some personal aliases to the terminal but even if I've added definitions to the ~/home/nemo/.bashrc and .bash_profile they are not recognized.

I'm also unable to get rid of old Facebook notifications, and the phone pops them up continuously even if I check and dismiss them after that.

Originally Posted by casl View Post
Has anyone succeeded in adding aliases to the bash? I'm trying to assign some personal aliases to the terminal but even if I've added definitions to the ~/home/nemo/.bashrc and .bash_profile they are not recognized.

I'm also unable to get rid of old Facebook notifications, and the phone pops them up continuously even if I check and dismiss them after that.
Well I can't get facebook connection working at all..

Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Well I can't get facebook connection working at all..
I had to add FB account two times before it stayed. Also now noticed that for some reason, the album art of songs in .m4a format downloaded from iTunes store are not shown. For all other songs in .mp3 format are.

Originally Posted by casl View Post
I had to add FB account two times before it stayed. Also now noticed that for some reason, the album art of songs in .m4a format downloaded from iTunes store are not shown. For all other songs in .mp3 format are.
I got my FB working too by adding it like 3 times, but I wont get any feeds. Do you?

Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
I got my FB working too by adding it like 3 times, but I wont get any feeds. Do you?
Well as I mentioned earlier, I'm getting notifications - including the old ones I've checked long time ago. And they persist so that I can't get rid of them. It always shows 4 notifications (at the moment) and is growing as I get more.

But native Facebook is not implemented yet so I'm using the browser facebook for now.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Some info from @Stezz about coming updates:
I must say I have already huge respect for theyr work! They already has give one update+SDKupdate+shipping and if they get the second before NY it probadly will be comming week because then its christmas/newyear...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience