Notices

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
When type apt-get install lirc i get:
Reading package lists...done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information...Done
lirc is already the newest version.
lirc set to manually installed.

So I do have lirc installed and i do see the lirc file in program manager. I just don't know why it's not starting.
Weird, check out /etc/sudoers file, do you have 3 lines for lirc there ? I dont remember now what theyre supposed.

Originally Posted by nirpe View Post
Weird, check out /etc/sudoers file, do you have 3 lines for lirc there ? I dont remember now what theyre supposed.
YES 3 lines:

/etc/init.d/lirc reload
/ect/init.d/lirc start
/ect/init.d/lirc stop

sorry if this has been asked already but can one pull the infrared code made by the harmony remote and use them on this app. That would be awesome. Harmony device have a lot of devices in its database, many inputted by users (such as myself). Has anyone look into this?

Finally got it working now. I had to go to Xterminal to start Lirc and restart Qtirreco. That seems to do the trick. I knew all along that the IR isn't working. Also add the same .conf file in Device folder in lirc.conf as well.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-01-26 at 08:26.

Hey guys I just kinda remembered that my laptop has an IR port on it

So that means there is good hope I can record my remotes commands as none of my devices are in the database and nothing already in there is compatible.

Thing is I am a linux noob and my laptop is dual boot Vista & Win 7 x64

Is there a program for windows that can do the recording or do I have to use linux? If linux is the only option would a simple linux live CD work?

I am in exactly the same boat as the last caller - and I would love to have the n900 as my remote control

So how do I record IR codes on a PC laptop?

Useful video for recording own remote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqCW-DXdu2Q

Then you need to copy that file which you record to /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices and add also a line to /etc/lircd.conf for that file.

Cool application!

I found both of the remotes I needed and now working good. Now to the details:
  • The program is slow to start. Plus when opening, after a few seconds the Qtirreco window closes, so I thought it crashed and managed to run it again (getting 2 instances)
  • The images. I'm sure somehow it is possible to improve the buttons effect. Right now the device thinks it should move the images, what clearly is not the case (from this side old irreco was better).
  • Background glitch. For some reason, the application did not want to store my background selection. Not sure but for the last few re-runs, there is no problem
  • One more tip. Would be great if a line would be added to the first post saying : "People look up your remote name and not device name " I know it is sad, but I managed to waste quite some hours on that (and I tend to think that I'm not the only one who did/will make this mistake)

One more thing. I uploaded a remote, but the wrong one. How can I delete or modify it?

Last edited by Meelis; 2010-01-28 at 00:09.

Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Cool application!

I found both of the remotes I needed and now working good. Now to the details:
  • The program is slow to start. Plus when opening, after a few seconds the Qtirreco window closes, so I thought it crashed and managed to run it again (getting 2 instances)
  • The images. I'm sure somehow it is possible to improve the buttons effect. Right now the device thinks it should move the images, what clearly is not the case (from this side old irreco was better).
  • Background glitch. For some reason, the application did not want to store my background selection. Not sure but for the last few re-runs, there is no problem
  • One more tip. Would be great if a line would be added to the first post saying : "People look up your remote name and not device name " I know it is sad, but I managed to waste quite some hours on that (and I tend to think that I'm not the only one who did/will make this mistake)

One more thing. I uploaded a remote, but the wrong one. How can I delete or modify it?
Nice points there, Ive seen that in your very first launch of the program lirc is not working along the software but after that no problems. Sometimes background selection is not saved to remote file, still figuring out that.. This software was started with N810 and older Qt version and that moving image (drag and drop) worked fine so I'm still thinking that its going to get fine later

If you tell me some details of the remote you uploaded I can delete it from the database.

Ok the Uploaded remote: Amplifier - Onkyo - RC-295S - Meelis.

Right now I keep Qtirreco running all the time, so startup is not an issue for me . Tho from the same issue, Selecting Remote could be faster .

I'm sure you guys will figure something out. Have fun!

Tags
irreco, qtirreco