Active Topics

I wonder if anybody else had the same problem I had when I updated to the new firmware this week.

It was a minor update, I was able to update over the air. It downloaded fine, did the backup, and then it started to update.

Shortly after the update process started I got an error message telling me something failed to update. I was not watching the phone I just barely caught a glipse of this message before it went away. The update process just carried on, and a few minutes later I got the "update complete" message.

I assume a program I have installed must have cause an update conflict, not sure what unless other users got the same error.

I have not noticed any ill effects on the phone, until the other day and I am not sure if its related.

I saw a new version of the desktop conversations inbox widget was available to update to, and now every time I try to update it says download failed or some other error like can not install.

I wonder if my two problems are one in the same and its that widget that caused part of the update to fail, and now that I updated if its keeping me from updating the widget.

Anyways, if anybody can shed some light on the subject I would appreciate it. I just hope next update (supposed to be a major one I think) goes through ok since something failed in this past update.

Update: nevermind I just downloaded and installed the new widget, must have been an issue with the repo or something. But still we can carry on about the update process, maybe there is a way for me to see a log of what failed to update?

Last edited by ViciousXUSMC; 2010-02-19 at 09:57.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't think that was actually a problem. I got the message as well. There are lots of extraneous messages when software programs run, but most of them are screened so we never see them. I think this is one that should have been screened.

Maybe someone else has other information.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
please go to settings|about what do you see?
I see a couple of unknowns and then version:unknown
I had started the update, left the phone and when I checked it again it was as nothing had happened. Then I went to check the version and it says unknown. I can confirm that the update took place as I did try to install a deb file and it opens with the app manager. Also the app manager in the uninstall section, has the updated version next to Maemo 5
________
Side Effects Of Avandia

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:22.