Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,149 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
#21
I had great results with the N800 clone-batteries I bought and the cheap charger I also purchased. I must have purchased half a dozen N800 batteries at random, none legit. One fit the N800 too tightly, and that was the only problem.

It's been awhile since I used the N800, though. Why not reflash it and see if that helps?
__________________
All I want is 40 acres, a mule, and Xterm.
 
moja's Avatar
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
#22
Originally Posted by daperezg View Post
The new battery is as heavy as the original one?
The crap/scam batteries are very light.
My new battery feels to be the same weight as the original.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It's been awhile since I used the N800, though. Why not reflash it and see if that helps?
Yeah, I'm going to backup and try a reflash. Haven't gone back to a stock reflash in a while. Probably should reformat the SD cards too.

Update: Okay, here's what happened. I re-flashed the N800 and was still getting the same low estimates for remaining battery charge. So then I copied everything off of my SD cards (2 x 8gb) and reformatted them with fresh fat32 partitions. Now I'm getting good estimates on the battery charge again, showing '10 days idle, 7 hours in use.'

Thanks for the help, guys.
__________________
N800/16GB (2x8) Diablo (SSU) 5.2010.33-1|

Last edited by moja; 2011-03-16 at 21:37. Reason: Update
 
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
#23
I have a bootloader, and my best maemo OS installation is stored on SD(ext3) and has many apps installed.

have you MaemoOS installed and running in SD?

Could be the problem related with the partition formats ext3 and/or fat32 on SD?
 
moja's Avatar
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
#24
daperezg:

I was booting from SD when my problem started. What I finally figured out was that my other SD card got corrupted some how, which caused some error process to continually run, and that was draining the battery. (I forget where I found the details about this kind of problem.)

After I reformatting the corrupt SD card, the problem went away.

I'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting these things, but this time I jumped the gun, assumed the worse, and bought a new battery.
__________________
N800/16GB (2x8) Diablo (SSU) 5.2010.33-1|
 
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
#25
which filesystem format are you using in your SD? size of SDs? partitions?

I am sure my problem is the same than yours, because I can use the Nokia for hours if I run the OS from the internal memory instead of the SD.

However I would like to decide between ext2 and ext3,

I am no t a linux guru to trace the system and find the root of the this issue


Originally Posted by moja View Post
daperezg:

I was booting from SD when my problem started. What I finally figured out was that my other SD card got corrupted some how, which caused some error process to continually run, and that was draining the battery. (I forget where I found the details about this kind of problem.)

After I reformatting the corrupt SD card, the problem went away.

I'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting these things, but this time I jumped the gun, assumed the worse, and bought a new battery.
 
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
#26
wow, im suprised nobody has yet given this link http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=mugen think it will definetly answer your question about wich battery to buy or, you can build your own dual battery like i did
 
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2007
#27
Originally Posted by KetkuFIN View Post
wow, im suprised nobody has yet given this link http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=mugen think it will definetly answer your question about wich battery to buy or, you can build your own dual battery like i did
That is because we are talking about the battery for N800, not N900.
 
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,183 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
#28
Originally Posted by daperezg View Post
which filesystem format are you using in your SD? size of SDs? partitions?

I am sure my problem is the same than yours, because I can use the Nokia for hours if I run the OS from the internal memory instead of the SD.

However I would like to decide between ext2 and ext3,
ext3, have no doubt about that, ext2 is prone to acumulate errors.
In my case, I have a 3 gb vfat partition followed by 1 gb ext3.
Do not use less than 1 gb for your system in SD.
Any corruption problem in the vfat partition is easily solved with mkfs.vfat

Last edited by maacruz; 2012-12-01 at 18:11.
 
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ USA
#29
My Nokia 5800 original battery use 2 or 3 days One time charge.
 
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#30
I think the N800 uses the BP-4L battery. Dealextreme has one of those made by Pisen for around $7. I'm using one in my E63 and it works pretty well, comparable to the original when I bought it about a year ago, maybe somewhat decreased in capacity now after the past year of use. I just bought another one but am not using it yet. Japod batteries from DX are even better than Pisen but they don't have a Japod in that model. I used a Japod BL-5C in another phone for a while and it worked great.

Edit: Looks like the N800 take the BP-5L rather than the BP-4L. DX has one for $9 (ouch) that I guess I'd give a try: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/45353

Last edited by phr; 2011-05-11 at 03:38.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:19.