Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
MohammadAG: I just realized I never commented on this in the main thread, but I actually really don't like the idea of sticking it into the status menu. (Personally, coming from WIndows and the N900, I don't exactly need literal consistency, and I think any move that makes users feel justified in wanting unilateral 1-to-1 consistency is bad sociologically, but to me, the very idea of "it's in the settings, with a landscape, portrait, or autorotate option" is beautifully cohesive and consistent, and anything more is just anti-brain-using encouragement for users.)

Anyway, back to the main point, I can understand the want for a completely unified interface, but I don't personally like a status menu applet (I really like my status menu as is, and I already hate organizing the priorities of my applets to get the optimal access to the menu options I want at any given time, adding another guaranteed-to-always-be-there system applet would just mean more fiddling... possibly every CSSU install.). At least, please make it disable-able, or uninstallable in the settings. (There really is a need to watch that you don't push too much out through the CSSU, or if you do, don't cross link them to be completely dependent on each other, preventing uninstallation.

At the same time, can't it just be put in the normal repositories, instead of being pushed with the CSSU, and at the worst, make it depend on the CSSU metapackage if it absolutely has to have some elements of the CSSU present?

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
I like the idea, except that the "whitelist" is unnecessary - everything not on the blacklist would allow rotation.
Except if you only want 2 apps to rotate, you don't want to keep adding every single program you use to the blacklist, and vice versa. Also, it shouldn't even be a black OR white list, it can be both. Apps not in either one are allowed to default to their normal behavior, while the 'blacklist' allows forcing into either always landscape or always portrait.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Nice work on the CSSU for sure, I have to agree... However, seems like the CSSU is now 463 Pages long and still growing... and I quite tired out trying to search about how to use the blacklist and the whitelist (seems like whitelist is recently implemented as per the changelog of CSSU). Which file actually controls the blacklist whitelist behaviour for apps? If someone would be kind enough to share, it will be a great help... Thanks in advance.

/usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini, on the bottom of this file you can add a row (if its not allready there) like this:
blacklist = appname1 appname2
or
whitelist = appname1 appname2

example "whitelist = osso-browser" or "blacklist = mediaplayer"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dekkelkamp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by dekkelkamp View Post
/usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini, on the bottom of this file you can add a row (if its not allready there) like this:
or

For a list of Programs name, you can check this link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76377

It's a work in progress!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Question:

Does "Ctrl+Shift+R" throw any DBUS calls? If yes, it could be used to add/remove an app from the (white/black)list.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-09-08 at 15:34.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by dekkelkamp View Post
or

Thx to Boemien & dekkelkamp, did it for blessn900 and ati85 (had to use this for almostTI)
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Last edited by peter2p; 2011-09-22 at 19:05.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I can't open the transitions.ini with leafpad or vim it doesnt show me anything??

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I can't open the transitions.ini with leafpad or vim it doesnt show me anything??
Blacklist rotation

- Install Leafpad
- open X-terminal
- become root
- type leafpad /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini
- leafpad opens
- edit file at the bottom
- blacklist = the-app-you-want-to-be-blacklisted (list by Boemien)
- save, close and reboot
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Which has higher priority? blacklist or whitelist?

Last edited by marmistrz; 2011-09-26 at 18:08.

Hi all,

I have encountered a problem after adding "image-viewer" to the blacklist in my transitions.ini file.
After a reboot the phone will no longer respond properly. I can only access one home screen and it looks like all the icons, widgets and shortcuts I have are displayed on top of each other. It renders the phone useless.

I can't find a way to put back the original transitions.ini file, not via the terminal or via the pc with SSH.

Does anyone know what to do, besides a reflash (I would really dislike that...)?