Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
yes, I already found that link, many thanks for that. going to flash it in few days, as it asks for security code on boot.
My recollection is that reflashing does *not* clear the security code.
There are instructions around here on how to recover your security
code; you have to by hook or crook become root and then look in
one of the /dev/mtd* files and spot the string.

Andy

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
yes, the problem is phone will not boot up completely without a code, so I will not become a root on that device to have the code.
on Nokia N9 I've did a guide here how to backup your phone (asking for cone when booting), erase + reflash and restore backup with mo security code prompt. is here some common solution?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
yes, the problem is phone will not boot up completely without a code, so I will not become a root on that device to have the code.
on Nokia N9 I've did a guide here how to backup your phone (asking for cone when booting), erase + reflash and restore backup with mo security code prompt. is here some common solution?
Oh, I see. The last time I lost my code was before I had it auto-lock, so I hadn't thought of that issue. Hopefully reflashing will clear enough config so the reflashed system is allowed to boot.

Have you looked at the 0xFFFF utility (crazy name, I know)? Among many functions, it can dump the /dev/mtd flash memory parts without the N810 having to be booted or anything (it's sort of a more flexible version of Nokia's "flasher" utility), and its
"-x" flag is probably exactly what you want (the entry lock_code is the config name for that code). Linux only, I think, so I don't know if that'll help you.

Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to vandys For This Useful Post:

Tags
download, firmware, n810, os2008