Notices

btw, where are the messages stored? in a SQLite db (which folder / file name)?

[Edit]nvm, I found it.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
It's always a joy to find out that a dev doesn't post a changelog, even if it's a compact changelog... [/sarcasm]

Hi, sometimes i got problems with whatsup so that i got a blank display if i start whatsup. If i close the app now, and restart it, i still got this blank display (i think its because the daemon is still running). So i could only restart the phone.
Is there a way (via terminal) to restart or stop the whatsup daemon?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
Hi, sometimes i got problems with whatsup so that i got a blank display if i start whatsup. If i close the app now, and restart it, i still got this blank display (i think its because the daemon is still running). So i could only restart the phone.
just type in the terminal:
Code:
killall whatsup
Have you installed the latest version from the OpenRepos yet?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
try
Code:
killall whatsup
or get the PID of the process with
Code:
ps -ef | grep whatsup
then kill the PID
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

The Following User Says Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
thanks - great - and jep, i have installed the latest version

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Berlin
At the beginning I used whatsapp and it worked, then I changed to mitakuuluu and it also worked.

I uninstalled mitakuuluu and after this I installed whatsup - now I'm banned.

After registering (whatsup) I got the whatsapp code via SMS, but I had no way to enter it somewhere. After that whatsup has tried to connect and I got the status: Error - continues to be a message: (my number) is no longer approved for our service.

I tried several things: uninstall whatsup, shutdown the phone, new installation of whatsup, but nothing helps.

I hope someone can help me and give a step-by-step instructions to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by peter-berlin View Post
At the beginning I used whatsapp and it worked, then I changed to mitakuuluu and it also worked.

I uninstalled mitakuuluu and after this I installed whatsup - now I'm banned.

After registering (whatsup) I got the whatsapp code via SMS, but I had no way to enter it somewhere. After that whatsup has tried to connect and I got the status: Error - continues to be a message: (my number) is no longer approved for our service.

I tried several things: uninstall whatsup, shutdown the phone, new installation of whatsup, but nothing helps.

I hope someone can help me and give a step-by-step instructions to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
your only solution is to mail support of whatsapp, but DO NOT even mention about whatsup or mitakuuluu, or else you will be banned for life

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
your only solution is to mail support of whatsapp, but DO NOT even mention about whatsup or mitakuuluu, or else you will be banned for life
Thanks for the quick answer.

I've done it with subsequent text yesterday.
After a software update I had to reinstall WhatsApp. Now I receive the error message: "... is no longer approved for our service". What happened and what can I do???

WhatsApp Support wrote:
Thanks for contacting WhatsApp. We are working on answering everyone's question as soon as possible. In the meantime, please look at our FAQ to see if your question is answered there.

So I think I have to wait and see what happens...

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup