Here, I hope it is attached. Did I need red pill mode for this?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt (2.0 KB, 287 views)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by heelio View Post
Here, I hope it is attached. Did I need red pill mode for this?
I don't see any errors from the install. Can you clear the log and try to reinstall, then paste new log if it fails again.

Thanks,

pb
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

ok. i think there's something there this time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log 2.txt (2.5 KB, 292 views)

ok. i think there's something there this time.
I need to update it again, its still conflicting with e2fsprogs

dpkg: error processing /media/mmc1/backups/gparted-hack.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/e2fsprogs.mo', which is also in package e2fsprogs

I will update it when I get a chance, if you want to use it, uninstall e2fsprogs, or force install from the command line
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Haaay PB guess what happened? I did the above and IT WORKED! Gparted runs okay so far. Also, it reports that my internal MMC does have the ext2 and ext3 partitions laid out as desired, and that they are about equally used up (in other words, your program installed the two partitions and copied everything over just as it was supposed to do). The only problem is, it doesn't show the ext3 partition in the boot menu.

There any way I can edit that menu to make it show up??

Haaay PB guess what happened? I did the above and IT WORKED! Gparted runs okay so far. Also, it reports that my internal MMC does have the ext2 and ext3 partitions laid out as desired, and that they are about equally used up (in other words, your program installed the two partitions and copied everything over just as it was supposed to do). The only problem is, it doesn't show the ext3 partition in the boot menu.

There any way I can edit that menu to make it show up??
Did you try to install bootmenu-installer

http://penguinbait.com/bootmenu-installer.deb

This will scan for partitions and write out a new bootmenu.

Let me know

When does that one execute? Do I have to run it or does it run automatically? I think it was already on there; when I installed it, it said it was an "update". No change to the boot menu.

When does that one execute? Do I have to run it or does it run automatically? I think it was already on there; when I installed it, it said it was an "update". No change to the boot menu.
Uninstall the deb and reinstall it.

the install-tools and bootmenu-installer and install-tools-ad.tgz all use /root/install-tools.

Be sure to remove install-tools and bootmenu-install before using install-tools-ad.tgz

bootmenu-installer and install-tools can be uninstalled, but they do not remove anything but the install files, it will not remove the bootmenu or the partitions..

I uninstalled it, rebooted, no change. I reinstalled it, rebooted, still no change. My app. manager does not list install-tools or install-tools-ad among installed apps.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, no change. I reinstalled it, rebooted, still no change. My app. manager does not list install-tools or install-tools-ad among installed apps.

Have you tried to reinstall the install-tools-ad

It just sounds like that partition was never properly cloned.

Tags
debian, gparted, hacked, qole