Notices

Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post
The only workaround is to send screenshots of text from windows devices )))
They can too send random picture and write the message under the picture. It works. Problem is not only with WP. One of my friend use iPhone 6 and can't send me a normal message.

Originally Posted by Tarpa View Post
They can too send random picture and write the message under the picture. It works. Problem is not only with WP. One of my friend use iPhone 6 and can't send me a normal message.
Yep, forgot about this. I am little tired of explaining to friends why should they write messages under picture, or why I am not getting some messages in chats )))

Is there any news from Cepi?

Tried to register today with WU. And first message form WA was that the service was not running. The second try I got a block!!!
So do not try to register with WU anymore, it gives you directly a block.

The Following User Says Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Tried to register today with WU. And first message form WA was that the service was not running. The second try I got a block!!!
So do not try to register with WU anymore, it gives you directly a block.
Got blocked also.

Today they unblck me (after some mails). Next time it will be an block forever. So no Whatsup for me anymore 😞. Forced to use the Android app.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Today they unblck me (after some mails). Next time it will be an block forever. So no Whatsup for me anymore 😞. Forced to use the Android app.
They really scared you off on this one. If you want to stay on linux OS you can use sfdroid to run popular social media app's made for Android. I've been using Yappari from the first release, Whatsup Harmattan/SFO, yowsup and never got banned. At this moment I'm waiting on the next Whatsup for SFO update.

Question: -

What's the filtering criteria for sending music tracks?

Some of my MP3s dont appear in the selection. I thought it was a permissions problem, but a+wrx didn't solve it.

I don't think it's meta data either because I stripped a few and that didn't change anything.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
HI guys, I got blocked as well, and this is the first time since I started using Wazzap way back on Harmattan. the issue I am having is that I successfully got unbanned and activated the WA after few hours, i registered WU and just as it was after I reset my device, WU connects but just freezes, not responsive and afterwards crashes, launching it again I am asked to register all over again, how do I flush whatsup form my system so I can give it a clean start? deleted the database file in .whatsup folder, deleted the config files for whatsup under .conf/cepiperez and still that happened. I thing this abnormally is what flagged my number on the whatsapp server in the first place, a lil help here please, really need to go back to whatsup and fast

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
HI guys, I got blocked as well, and this is the first time since I started using Wazzap way back on Harmattan. the issue I am having is that I successfully got unbanned and activated the WA after few hours, i registered WU and just as it was after I reset my device, WU connects but just freezes, not responsive and afterwards crashes, launching it again I am asked to register all over again, how do I flush whatsup form my system so I can give it a clean start? deleted the database file in .whatsup folder, deleted the config files for whatsup under .conf/cepiperez and still that happened. I thing this abnormally is what flagged my number on the whatsapp server in the first place, a lil help here please, really need to go back to whatsup and fast
In case you haven't tried it yet: uninstall WU, delete WU config files and database, shut down the Jolla, take of the battery for 15 mins. Then put the battery back, start Jolla and install WU. If it doesn't work, power off, take of battery again for 15 mins. Then start Jolla again. This worked for me a couple of times after WA ban with the earlier versions of WU. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to fin2cv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by fin2cv View Post
In case you haven't tried it yet: uninstall WU, delete WU config files and database, shut down the Jolla, take of the battery for 15 mins. Then put the battery back, start Jolla and install WU. If it doesn't work, power off, take of battery again for 15 mins. Then start Jolla again. This worked for me a couple of times after WA ban with the earlier versions of WU. Good luck!
Thanks man, will definitely give it a go, Whatsapp android is like a nightmare for me, and whatsup is a most have. Am grateful for your help, thanks again for replying.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup