Well why does everyone keep whining about the freakin bug jar. For some one like me (not geek and just a customer) its impossible to understand how its working. this bugjar has status solved for things that are broken have versions that are not for maemo and are very hard to understand.

I rather just tell what the problem is.

When my n900 is in standby for a couple of hours and my alarms goes off, then
1. it freezes with screen on for aprox 10 to 15 seconds before the n900 gets responsive or
2. it freezes withou any response for ever. press and holding the power button will not work and the alarm will keep going on and on until you remove battery. i also had this problem when just reflashedfirmware and eMMC and without installed any programs.

The exact same problem occurs when the phone is in standby and i get a call. some times it works and i can pick up the phone correctly, some times the screen freezes and i have to wait 5 ~ 8 seconds before the screen gets responsive or the whole damn things gets stuck and am not being able to pick up my phone call.

Last but not least i also have the problem that sometimes when i get in incomming call the ringtone hangs for aprox 4 seconds making a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound like its stuck.

Its like the phone and alarm app arent getting enough speeds to work properly. and when the phone is updating or getting email in the background while one of the two is executed the whole god damn thing gets stuck. Its a pain!

ANd i indeed can confirm the problem grows worse when more programs are installed but its insane that i cant install apps because the phone function wont work anymore when i do!

This should be fixed by adressing the alarm and phone app so that these programs always have the highest priority when launched!

Last edited by sygys; 2010-08-23 at 13:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
@sygys:
The bugjar contains links to bugs that are fixed internally at Nokia. These bugfixes are not released yet, hence you still experience them. Since Nokia don't do rolling/incremental updates, but only full firmware releases, we don't get the bugfixes until a new version of the complete firmware is released.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
IMO nokia doesn't have a 'responsibility' of providing continuous firmware upgrade to the device as long as they've delivered on their initial promise/claims.

All they're doing is lowering the value of one aspect of their product (length of software support), to keep the device 'relevant and valuable' in the market.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
In general have to say that speaking about android updates and how grass is sooooooo much greener on the other side. For some reason these kind of news make me chuckle:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/22/m...-2-upgrade-wit

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...-Desist-Letter

Sometimes I feel that some people should take their heads out of some place where sun doesnīt shine and start living in reality. Everybody suck more or less.

btw. Has HTC or Samsung released any roadmap for upgrades for their devices? I would be interestd about this information because to some people Nokia should release roadmap, but I have still failed to see any promises from samsung and htc. Iphone has good history on upgrades but do they release any roadmap to public?

Originally Posted by sygys
(not geek and just a customer) its impossible to understand how its working.
With that kind of attitude pretty many things will be impossible in your life. Secondly as customer....this is wrong place this is place for end users who like pimping their phone and like to give some help to people who are ready to learn and get hands dirty.

1. it freezes with screen on for aprox 10 to 15 seconds before the n900 gets responsive or
2. it freezes withou any response for ever. press and holding the power button will not work and the alarm will keep going on and on until you remove battery. i also had this problem when just reflashedfirmware and eMMC and without installed any programs.

The exact same problem occurs when the phone is in standby and i get a call. some times it works and i can pick up the phone correctly, some times the screen freezes and i have to wait 5 ~ 8 seconds before the screen gets responsive or the whole damn things gets stuck and am not being able to pick up my phone call.

Last but not least i also have the problem that sometimes when i get in incomming call the ringtone hangs for aprox 4 seconds making a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound like its stuck.

Its like the phone and alarm app arent getting enough speeds to work properly. and when the phone is updating or getting email in the background while one of the two is executed the whole god damn thing gets stuck. Its a pain!

ANd i indeed can confirm the problem grows worse when more programs are installed but its insane that i cant install apps because the phone function wont work anymore when i do!
Everything comes down to this:
- Stop using it as some device that has operating system that protects itīs user from "stupidity". You can brick your device with couple of commands. You have all the power in your hands. It will do what ever you make it do.

So. What applications you have installed. If you have problems memorizing them then please run in xterm command maemo-list-user-packages and copy paste list to some other thread or make new one. YOU and SOME other people are having same issues. REMEMBER that you are might not be alone with your issue but on the other hand you are not the center of the universe to community. Most of users are probably not having all those issues.

This should be fixed by adressing the alarm and phone app so that these programs always have the highest priority when launched!
Hmm..Daily I see here people stating:
"This is most important thing and it should be fixed ASAP"
Then I ask about bug references and how itīs reproducable etc. IMO pretty simple things. And most of time I do not get any answers. I do not understand peoples logic? How they manage to go doctor and get any help if they are so helpless?

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by slender View Post
btw. Has HTC or Samsung released any roadmap for upgrades for their devices? I would be interestd about this information because to some people Nokia should release roadmap, but I have still failed to see any promises from samsung and htc. Iphone has good history on upgrades but do they release any roadmap to public?
Samsung has announced that will release Android 2.2 for Galaxy S in September.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by torshind View Post
Samsung has announced that will release Android 2.2 for Galaxy S in September.
Yes I know, but some people here are asking complete roadmap for Nokia Meego devices. So Big woohoo for android 2.2 but letīs start crying river for next n+1 updates and how they are going to handle those.

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Well why does everyone keep whining about the freakin bug jar. For some one like me (not geek and just a customer) its impossible to understand how its working. this bugjar has status solved for things that are broken have versions that are not for maemo and are very hard to understand.

I rather just tell what the problem is.

I can confirm every single one of these problems. Though in my case it usually leads to a completely hung device. I've missed more than one appointment with a hung alarm requiring a complete battery in out reset. And have had to do countless restarts when godforbid anything happens during a phone call.

Last edited by vdx29; 2010-08-23 at 19:14.

Originally Posted by vdx29 View Post
I can confirm every single on of these problems. Though in my case it usually leads to a completely hung device. I've missed more than one appointment with a hung alarm requiring a complete battery in out reset. And have had to do countless restarts when godforbid anything happens during a phone call.
Although i've rarely had it result in a completely hung device, my phone does temporarily freeze any time i get an incoming call/sms/email, basically anything that requires a notification. its done this from the moment i had it, and is the most ludicrous and frustrating thing about it.

Edit: and by temporarily, I mean anything from 30 seconds to 5 minutes during which the device is unusable. And often I have trouble answering the call because of it, I estimate I miss 30-50 percent of incoming calls because everything goes all screwy.

Last edited by travik; 2010-08-23 at 19:08.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I don't really care if Nokia doesn't provide enough support to N900, as long they provide enough good apps to the N900 then everything should be a small problem.

TomTom, 3D games...etc like the Droid and Iphone.

Then I will say thanks

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I don't really care if Nokia doesn't provide enough support to N900, as long they provide enough good apps to the N900 then everything should be a small problem.

TomTom, 3D games...etc like the Droid and Iphone.

Then I will say thanks
that doesn't even make sense. If Nokia can't even provide good support for its community and users, what makes u think they'll even start to release a bunch of awesome apps?? Have u seen how the OVI Store has evolved since N900 was first released?? Aside from Angry Birds and a few other ones, it's rather ridiculous. Having a good support in general usually implies a strong development and growth in the software. Of course, Nokia don't make the apps/games, it's the developers and 3rd parties that do. But with a poor support like this from Nokia, it's obvious that even though it's open source, but after such a long time there's still nothing spectacular going on.

Tags
early start, firmware, fremantle, future, jump the gun, maemo, maemo 5, myth continued, not again, pr 1.3, pr1.3, product release, some1 shoot him, speculation, update, wait, wait for pr1.4, waiting, waiting more