Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
thanks, but it would matter. as before i just couldn't see images in gallery, now thanks to some people posting commands and only few lines after telling it would delete contacts and msgs i have worse problems =\
I just forget that TMO is not the same anymore and people just advice "copy-paste" commands without explaining what it might do before, and i shouldn't trust like in old days.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
thanks, but it would matter. as before i just couldn't see images in gallery, now thanks to some people posting commands and only few lines after telling it would delete contacts and msgs i have worse problems =\
I just forget that TMO is not the same anymore and people just advice "copy-paste" commands without explaining what it might do before, and i shouldn't trust like in old days.
You're right man, but remember next time to check who is giving You advice. I'm sure it was in good will, but ... well You know Yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
ZogG, if you got worse problems, then i am suggesting you to reflash, but with emmc.bin file, since you already have clean phone...though

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
You need to say in bold it would delete everything before you say what command to use!
that's not deleting of everything, just thumbnails in gallery though

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JSW2 View Post
Unfortunately, I'm a victim of the bug and I have used it in the past with my MacBook in disk mode. I haven't read anything in the past about this being related though. Do you have some cause for thinking otherwise?
osx creates hidden files of all files on disks, i.e. the phone in disk mode. these could have messed the tracker crawler up. the osx disk indexing can be disabled, but the mac can still leave hidden system files (dotfiles, .DS_Store) in the folders. as they have the same filename but with a dot in the beginning, meaning in linux that they are hidden, it could disturb the N9's indexing process.

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
osx creates hidden files of all files on disks, i.e. the phone in disk mode. these could have messed the tracker crawler up. the osx disk indexing can be disabled, but the mac can still leave hidden system files (dotfiles, .DS_Store) in the folders. as they have the same filename but with a dot in the beginning, meaning in linux that they are hidden, it could disturb the N9's indexing process.
it could but it's not related to that, it's bug in firmware i think and every user (afaik) who flashed phone without using emmc.bin got this problem, so, it's not because of mac, i kdon't use mac nor connect my phone to any computer (i access to it via ssh and sftp), so, not issue caused by mac but by nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
yes, weird people give us command without a warning and problem still remain, but thats ok, theyrw willing to help, clean and full reflash will solve it

i was playing with this issue today, and really it is about tracker, so, does anyone knows how to force tracker to track all files? or, how to make databases for tracker (python APIs welcome)...

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
some command on previous comments,

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
some command on previous comments,
tracker-control is not useful, at least i didn't found solution with it yet
it can clear database (delete it and kill and start tracker processes) but can't force one of processes to actually update that database...so, problem persists.