Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
Cool for the navigation

About the network/proxy, GRead use libgreader (my fork), which is pure python and do not use the QNetwork (only used by the viewer (QtWebkit) in GRead) so if urllib do not find/use the proxy by default, no, GRead cannot actually use any proxy :-/

The Following User Says Thank You to Twidi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install python2.5-qt4-webkit
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  python2.5-qt4-webkit: Depends: python2.5-qt4-core (= 4.7.4-maemo0) but 4.7.5-maemo1 is to be installed
                        Depends: python2.5-qt4-network (= 4.7.4-maemo0) but it is not going to be installed
                        Depends: python2.5-qt4-dbus (= 4.7.4-maemo0) but 4.7.5-maemo1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
Here's my output with enabled repos...As far as I understand for some reason system thinks those packages are outdated. I dunno what else can be done,and I don't want to reflash again...

I think I give it up for now. Thanks,Twidi,for the help. The application is awesome especially offline mode(though it'd be absolutely brilliant to force it cache pics too).I know I had it installed before.
PS just a little suggestion+) might be worth contacting with this dude who made a nice looking version of the original Grr?)

Last edited by qwenjis; 2010-11-15 at 22:51.

qwenjis : really sorry for this problem, i have no idea how to resolve it

About Grr, it's exactly because of it that i made GRead, and now, it's nice looking (i don't really like it but it's my opinion), but the lack of some functionalities is always here. And it's done in C++ and GRead is in Python, so the two projects are really different and each one go on it's own way

And about caching pictures, yes, i know... "when i'll have time", with a real offline mode...

Thanks for your perseverance... :-/

A new version (1.0.6) is available in Extras-Devel (or will be soon, it's in the queue) with a unique improvement.

You know that you can use "long press" as a right click to display a context menu.

Now, in lists (not in the article view), when you click on the right (area of 50pixels) of an item in a list (feed list or item list), the context menu will be displayed as if you have made a long press, but really faster than a long press (it's an instant action, as soon as you release the click)

Hope it will help you to be more efficient with GRead. I was waiting for it for weeks (just needed to find time...)

Another little update (1.0.7) :

simple gestures in item list on mobile views : swipe to right to mark item as read, and to left to mark item as unread
This feature was inspired by the client i used on Android (Newsrob). Really usefull !

Last edited by Twidi; 2010-11-22 at 15:31. Reason: Notice about Android / Newsrob

Both sound like really good ideas... long press is a real bore
Thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
version 1.0.8

add a virtual toolbar in mobile views : in the item view, a "+", centered at the bottom of the view, display the context menu (you can always long press)
it works the same way as the next/previous arrows

Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
version 1.0.8
add a virtual toolbar in mobile views : in the item view, a "+", centered at the bottom of the view, display the context menu (you can always long press)
it works the same way as the next/previous arrows
Hu-huh... is this an idea that just came to you, or a flashback of this old post of mine ?...
maybe extend your "furtive" buttons system in view mode, adding, say, a circle in the middle between the arrows, that would swap orientations ?
Anyway, great minds think alike :-)

I totally forgot your suggestion I added this after the others ways to quick access to the context menu, i missed it on this view

Good job all the same ;-)