Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Was playTV ever released in lebanon?

Got it myself and will admit that it is one cool feature of the ps3
I agree, it is a shame in the UK that it can't receive HD channels.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Guys.. I can't get something more than 300 bucks.. It's not even my birthday, I just happened to have $150 from my allowance and Eid al Adha is in a few days coming. I want the cheaper.. If it is an xbox 360, I would get the one without kinect. And I don't want a PS3 since it doesn't play copies.. And unfortunately almost all Lebanon sells copies. And online gaming is useless to me for free since all of my classmates have xboxes.. So it seems to be xbox.. Does it have common (with no solution) problems?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Why not both?
Give me the money and I won't say no

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Was playTV ever released in lebanon?

Got it myself and will admit that it is one cool feature of the ps3
Sadly, not released.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Guys.. I can't get something more than 300 bucks.. It's not even my birthday, I just happened to have $150 from my allowance and Eid al Adha is in a few days coming. I want the cheaper.. If it is an xbox 360, I would get the one without kinect. And I don't want a PS3 since it doesn't play copies.. And unfortunately almost all Lebanon sells copies. And online gaming is useless to me for free since all of my classmates have xboxes.. So it seems to be xbox.. Does it have common (with no solution) problems?
Where do you find a new Xbox or PS3 for less than $300?

Also, wrt 'game backups' (hurr), go ask for the specifics somewhere else. No doubt you can't afford a $30 game, much less the $60 AAA titles.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
So TMO users now openly advocate piracy?
Mea culpa. Forgot that this wasn't the.. appropriate discussion channel for launching certain unsigned binaries.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-10-15 at 13:36.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Where do you find a new Xbox or PS3 for less than $300?

Also, wrt 'game backups' (hurr), go ask for the specifics somewhere else. No doubt you can't afford a $30 game, much less the $60 AAA titles.

Mea culpa. Forgot that this wasn't the.. appropriate discussion channel for launching certain unsigned binaries.
At Microsoft Store the Xbox 360 Console (without kinect) costs $250..

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
That's sad, man really really sad.
I mean if you don't have the money for a console, you have bigger issues to worry about.

We've all "pirated" before, but mostly out of nessesity not to down-right abuse the system. We believe in the "open source spirit" but that doesn't mean we condone piracy --in fact, since most of us know/work around software we appreciate it more than others. We are the most active people against piracy, I thought you would've learnt that by now.

But if you are a kid, and you sound like one, then you should forget about it entirely. I mean stealing games is petty crime, but its a gateway to other crimes. And I would know.

I mean the worst part is, you are affecting yourself, your personality and undermining your own morals and values. Not to forget the type of message you send to your parents and people that look up to you. And I don't think that's a fair trade for some lousy games.

TL;DR
Earn the money/ability to play games fairly otherwise don't play at all.

I'm flattered

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
For each console, make a list of the games available for it that you want to play, remembering to look at both download-only and disk-based games. Once you've built your lists, discard from them all games available for both consoles. Then compare the two lists of remaining games to determine which list is more compelling.

My wife and kids are gamers, so we have all three current generation consoles. Two of the systems are used almost daily, while the other was played with only briefly before being forgotten for more than a year now. As with every console generation prior, which systems "won" and which "lost" in my house has everything to do with how the available games match up with my family's interests, and that never seems to follow the general consensus of posters in online discussion boards.

And please don't pirate games. If money is tight, you could always consider a console from a previous generation. High definition graphics and surround sound are stunning, but they don't mean the actual, underlying game has improved by the same degree. There are many great old games out there.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2012-10-15 at 13:48.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Here's a better idea:
Assuming you have a desktop PC, get a new GPU, and use the cash you saved to buy your games.

There aren't any real console exclusives anymore unless you're into obscure JRPGs.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
That's sad, man really really sad.
I mean if you don't have the money for a console, you have bigger issues to worry about.

We've all "pirated" before, but mostly out of nessesity not to down-right abuse the system. We believe in the "open source spirit" but that doesn't mean we condone piracy --in fact, since most of us know/work around software we appreciate it more than others. We are the most active people against piracy, I thought you would've learnt that by now.

But if you are a kid, and you sound like one, then you should forget about it entirely. I mean stealing games is petty crime, but its a gateway to other crimes. And I would know.

I mean the worst part is, you are affecting yourself, your personality and undermining your own morals and values. Not to forget the type of message you send to your parents and people that look up to you. And I don't think that's a fair trade for some lousy games.

TL;DR
Earn the money/ability to play games fairly otherwise don't play at all.
It's not my choice, all of my country (almost all of it) sells copies.. No originals sadly.. Now should I travel to other countries just to get original games? It's not I'm poor.. But my dad couldn't care less about these stuff. And I am never with stealing and piracy & cracking but the country only sells pirated stuff

Last edited by AMD; 2012-10-15 at 13:47.