Notices

Just tried this out today, pretty neat! Love the glowing version. Say, since I haven't kept up with all 52 pages sorry if this has been asked but, for the alarm clock -- will this app keep the N800 on for as long as the alarm needs it on, or will it shut itself off?

» N800, cloned Diablo on 2 GB SD (Device: 600 MB, Internal: 256 MB, Swap: 256 MB), 8 GB external SD

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by jself View Post
Just tried this out today, pretty neat! Love the glowing version.
Thank you for testing it out; is always a pleasure to check new people reactions
Originally Posted by jself View Post
Say, since I haven't kept up with all 52 pages sorry if this has been asked but, for the alarm clock -- will this app keep the N800 on for as long as the alarm needs it on, or will it shut itself off?
You are not the only one: I lost track of the thread many times ... Since a couple of versions ago the clock should use the original nokia alarm demon that trig the alarm even when the flipclock is not running and 'wake up' the sleeping tablets.
Ill probbaly have a bit more of spare time (well, a lot more) to dedicate to this lost sheep and try to help out a bit jolouis

Flip Alarm Clock - 3DMania Theme - Synesthesia - Deluxepain
http://ciroip.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ciroippolito

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Well I'm embarrased to admit that alarms do work. It was user error - somehow I had the wrong date set while I was checking so when I set the alarm for two minutes ahead it was actually a couple of days and two minutes!! Duh!

So now I know they work I was able to prove both the stock sound and one of the mp3's on my external card. So right now everything seems to be working. I'll do some more extensive tests and see how it works out.

I hope I haven't caused you grief in trying to find a non existant problem!

The Following User Says Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Wow, didn't find this application until tonight.... It looks amazing.
It's right now 12:54am....I have turned on the night-light and set the alarm to go off at 7:45am.

Goodnight...and thanks.

EDIT/UPDATE:
When I woke up..it wasn't due to the alarm clock as the battery in my N810 had run out. It was mostly my fault as I forgot to plug it into the charger, which I do most evenings.

Does the Flip Clock eat up a lot of battery running - AND if so...isn't there a dimming application (can not remember its name) where one have more options for how to dim the screen that may help?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-07-09 at 15:45.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Does the Flip Clock eat up a lot of battery running - AND if so...isn't there a dimming application (can not remember its name) where one have more options for how to dim the screen that may help?

From what I've found, Flip Clock takes at most 10% of the battery over the night. That's also assuming that Insomniac Mode is turned off. If its on (turn on and off by pressing the Back button on the N810 face) then your battery will definitely drain due to the screen staying on all night.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
From what I've found, Flip Clock takes at most 10% of the battery over the night. That's also assuming that Insomniac Mode is turned off. If its on (turn on and off by pressing the Back button on the N810 face) then your battery will definitely drain due to the screen staying on all night.
What I like is that on battery power my display is set to blank out completly after 5 min, but when running Flip Clock is dims to a readable low level.

I take the night time as an opportunity to charge the N810, which means that I can run flip clock every night and still have a full charge in the morning.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I have the same problem. The only thing which works for me on the settings screen is the 12/24 hour switch.
I'm having the same problem.

Grab the black bar at the bottom of the screen and drag it up. Everything should work in the new settings screen that appears.

The Following User Says Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
Grab the black bar at the bottom of the screen and drag it up. Everything should work in the new settings screen that appears.
Oh, yeah. Grab the down arrow and drag it up. Why didn't I think of that? Yes, I know - work in progress - and thankful for it.

Now - is the screen with the neat battery meter still in this version?

Tags
clock, flip clock