Active Topics

As far as China paying for adobe integration, and other such speculation, it is a fact that Chinese auto manufacturers "designed" and built a car so remarkably similar to the toyota corolla that their main arguing point in court was that their car had a different name than the corolla.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and, in an explosive emerging post-industrial economy such as that of China, things might not always be done according to hoyle...

Just some random speculation on my part.

dcarter

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Re bluetooth keyboards: as the H9 appears to have "full" usb, a BT keyboard isn't really necessary.

Re copying Maemo/Hildon: did Nokia copyright the look-and-feel of the ITOS? If not, power to the H9 as far as I'm concerned. Linux/OSS is supposed to be about sharing, copying and not reinventing the wheel over and over again.

Question: has anyone found out if the H9 has handwriting or character recognition software on board. And if so, what is it? And did they manage to find something more awful than the Nokia's character un-recognition?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Details of the H9 with N800 side-by-side photos - it's huge! Also it's not running Maemo but it is Linux - I'm quite disappointed about that, actually.

The software seems unifinished and lacks polish - but hey, if Nokia can get away with it, why can't the Chinese?

Summary from gmane.comp.handhelds.maemo.user:

It didn't feel faster than the N800, yet the video player seemed to be more powerful. It did not look like a complete product an end-user would
want to buy, despite the representative's claim that it is available [b]now[b]. Seems to be the typical Asian product: Quickly hacked together to meet a feature-list, rushed out of the door and no polish afterwards... What a shame.
The price is also dropping - now less than $430 in quantities of 200, quite insane!