Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I have just tried to use a script to show bluetooth status via Billboard, unsuccessfully. To be honest, I tried ALL of the bluetooth scripts in the "billboard-scripts" on the github page and no of them work correctly for me.
They all correctly show by bluetooth status, but none of them switch when the status changes unless I open Billboard and type (anything) in the text field. After that if refreshes to the correct status immediately.
The scripts run without error in terminal, and I have all the necessary dependencies installed.
Obviously I am missing something. Why can't I get these to work?

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Obviously I am missing something. Why can't I get these to work?
I'm guessing there's nothing linking the BT status change to a refresh of BB. Link it to something that changes often like signal strength.

Example:

{cell-signal-strength?{script:btscript.py}}

Last edited by slarti; 2014-05-13 at 17:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@imaginaryenemy you should understand one thing: billboard itself checking status once a minute, when time changes. in some cases of internal features it can happen ofter than minute.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thanks, guys! That did the trick.

Is this behavior normal:

I use

Code:
 {song?{song-artist}}
 {song?{song-title}}
to display the actual song on my screen. After I play a video with the build-in video-player the video title come as song title on the screen and don't goes away after closing the video player app - play and stop music give the music title and author again, but after closing the music player the old video title come back?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
The same thing happens on my phone too, except the video title doesn't come back after I play a song. Playing a song for me always makes the lingering video title disappear.

Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
The same thing happens on my phone too, except the video title doesn't come back after I play a song. Playing a song for me always makes the lingering video title disappear.
This is how it's "supposed" to behave. I've never had the video title come back, either.

So any suggestion for syntax how to make the song-title tag to show me only music titles?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by kurana View Post
So any suggestion for syntax how to make the song-title tag to show me only music titles?
No, it's a problem with ContextKit / Video Player. There is no way (other than guessing) that Billboard can determine if that info came from the video player or from the music player.

Great software, bought it directly when I saw it in the Nokia store a long while back. Would it be possible to show the current playing song from meespot in the same manner as the current playing song from the built-in music player?