Notices

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
QT team just posted a early version of a application running spotifty on the n900

official video description
"This video shows a very early version of a Qt 4.6 application running on a Nokia N900 using the despotify library to play tunes from Spotify. Only works with Spotify Premium accounts. Uses the 3G network in this video"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOvldo3ZsnA

i'm not a big lover of spotify myself but i bet a lot of other people will be happy

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Nice to see a GUI to despotify

Nokia should just buy them. that would really de-spottify them.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Absolutely love spotify. On my desktop's dock (usually OSX) Spotify sits where iTunes used to be.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Wow, is that the first actual shot (pic or video) seen of the stylus out of its sleeping chamber? I know it isn't needed for normal use on the N900 but it was nice to finally see it since it seems to be nearly ignored, but I understand why.

Spotify isn't available in my country, but it's a win for those who are keen on paying for premium.

We simply "need" more apps that tap into online services like that. Nice to see the TT group churning something out like that. Now what about Pandora? I emailed Pandora Media re: Maemo/Maemo 5 support and they more or less blew me off.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
YES!

I heard rumours of Spotify for N900 being in the works of Trolltech some while ago. So now these rumours get some bone on the beef.

Another reason to really really need the N900 :-)

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
This is actually pretty awesome, I'm definitely pleased.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
any news in this area?

Can anyone elabroate on getting despotify working on N900?
I have crosscompiler environment set up, armel as target, pulseaudio as backend and result is memory corrupt on all 9 SVN builds I've tried so far (revisions from within 428->474 range)
The client runs, but once I try to start playback, instant crash.

Zargoz seems to have crippled the current SVN for other backends than libao so the best bet seems to be some build around ~430.

I'm using dpkg-buildpackage to assemble .deb on devel machine which I scp to n900 and install with dpkg.

Does the build environment version matter?
My SDK version is from ~2 months ago 5.0beta.

Originally Posted by mkex View Post
I have crosscompiler environment set up, armel as target, pulseaudio as backend and result is memory corrupt on all 9 SVN builds I've tried so far (revisions from within 428->474 range)
The client runs, but once I try to start playback, instant crash.
I've had some success with revision 422. Playback works, but the client crashes when the song ends. If I change songs manually, it usually works for a while longer...

The Following User Says Thank You to samit For This Useful Post: