Notices

Hi

I have set the autorefresh every hour in the rss program, but the widget doesn't automaticly refresh

Does it work for you?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
It works for me - I set it to 30 minutes and I'm definitely getting new data (and I've not opened the main RSS application since initially adding the feeds).

Thanks
I've set it to 30 minutes like you to test

By the way, do the new articles appear directly on the screen, or do you have to press the "up" button on the widget to see them? I'd like a scroll bar on the right, just to see where you are in the list

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
They just appear in the list. So far I've just left the applet alone - it'll be more useful when I'm away from the desktop - so everything is just happening automatically.

Are you set to connect to the network automatically? That's the only thing I can think of which would affect this. It may also be worth rebooting if you've not done since installing the widget - this seems to fix some widget-related issues.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... can't figure out why.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Out of curiosity, have you tried keeping the display on and placing the RSS Reader widget on the current desktop?

Tags
automatic, automatic refresh, desktop, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, problem, refresh, rss, rss reader, widget