Notices

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
how quickly can one srtart watching a recording? Do I have to wait untill it is 100% downloaded?
Currently this is a downloader only, i.e. need to download 100%, which has fitted my use model & high internet bandwidth.

But adding a streaming option should be trivial, will get back to you on this.

Version 6-1 in extras-devel now supports both streaming of shows that have not been downloaded (the running man in the updated screenshot) as well as "watch as you load" (very experimental).

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Vantaa / Helsinki / Finland
Few bugs/issues still with the latest (6-2) with following settings:

Language: English
Reginal Settings: Suomi

1) UI has mixed strings of both finnish and english. For example "Päivitä" should be update but then next it ot, there's "Searches".

Settings menu has "Käyttöoikeus".

And on app grid, application name is shown as "TVKaistan noutaj".

2) In "Käyttöoikeus" dialog, when entering any data, first field seems to be always automatically uppercased, minor issue when entering either ID or Password.

3) In few occasions, after entering account information, fetcher had stuck with notification "Testing connection .."

4) I do have few "seasons passes" in my account in tvkaista but pressing "Päivitä" doesnt bring anything into main view that i could download. Its just always showing "No information"

5) I have some keywords in "Searches", again, i'm not able to see any of the these as search results. Its just always showing "No information"

And suggestion:

Make the video format that fetched download as option that user can choose.

Kiitos. Yes, it is a bit of a puzzler why strings with Nordic characters are not translated. I will put a bit more effort into this now that I know someone is actually using it in English.

From your description, I get an impression that you are entering your account information every time you start the program? (Should only ask for the information once.)

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Vantaa / Helsinki / Finland
Originally Posted by mikaelh View Post
From your description, I get an impression that you are entering your account information every time you start the program? (Should only ask for the information once.)
Tried the app with 2 diffrent accounts (mine and friend's) so yes.

translations and account input are minor points but i can't get really anything visible to download so atm. running the app on the xterm shows me that its the http connecction that fails: connection reset by peer.

Originally Posted by rasjani View Post
translations and account input are minor points but i can't get really anything visible to download so atm. running the app on the xterm shows me that its the http connecction that fails: connection reset by peer.
Can we rule out poor network connection as the cause? Connection testing failing intermittently would point to that direction as well.

I just tried with the same version, same regional settings and a good wifi connection, with no problems.

As luck would have it, TVKaista had an unannounced service break today 11-14.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Great app thank you.
Could you add option to download better quality too.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
yes, great app. Please add an option to choose quality, preferably in the preferences section.

By the way you can try TVkaista free for 2 weeks now. I'm making my decision based on these two weeks and experiences using "TVkaistan noutaja"

Last edited by mrp; 2010-09-15 at 12:38.

Hi

I tried using the fetcher as I'm testing with the two weeks of free trial. Unfortunately I can't get past the login screen. When I enter my account name (contains ö letter), and my password, it just tells that "Tunnus/salasana ei kelpaa".

Any hints on how to get past this? Could this be because of the ö letter, or because the account name is too long (firstname.lastname)?