Notices

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
I noticed that unselecting a target (star, planet, etc) can be quite hard unless you are well zoomed in. Maybe it would be useful to have toggle for hide/show info overlay in buttons bottom of the screen as it would make unselecting unnecessary.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Has anybody tried downloading all nine stars-catalogues within Stellarium? They are going to be stored within /home/user/.stellarium/. And a stars-catalogue can be as large as 333 MB in size.
I am frankly confused by this issue. I don't know why, but attempting to put the catalogue 8-out-of-9 into the a directory within /opt/... eats at the memory for installable applications. Is Stellarium un-optified, or have I eaten almost all opt-partition? Most likely, the latter. I will have to research further...
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Rotterdam
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Has anybody tried downloading all nine stars-catalogues within Stellarium? They are going to be stored within /home/user/.stellarium/. And a stars-catalogue can be as large as 333 MB in size.
I am frankly confused by this issue. I don't know why, but attempting to put the catalogue 8-out-of-9 into the a directory within /opt/... eats at the memory for installable applications. Is Stellarium un-optified, or have I eaten almost all opt-partition? Most likely, the latter. I will have to research further...
Best wishes.
Hi, how about your research, is Stellarium un-optified? should I be aware to download the catalogue? thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Redouan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Redouan View Post
Hi, how about your research, is Stellarium un-optified? should I be aware to download the catalogue? thanks
Stellarium claims that it finished downloading all star catalogues.
Storage Usage says that stellarium-data is green.
I see that catalogues (0-7) are stored in /home/user/.stellarium/stars/default, and I see identical files in /opt/stellarium/share/stellarium/stars/default
No symbolic links in sight. Sigh. Why do I have duplicate files, then?..
Conclusion: download the catalogue, but check your RootFS and home space before and after the download, to see where this file is eating the space.
Warning: each consecutive catalogue is larger than a previous one.137k, 600k, 4M, 4.1M, 17M, 44M, 152M, 332M
I have no problems with RootFS space now. I am using the latest CSSU-Testing, and had not felt any need to uninstall applications - on the opposite, I install new applications, sometimes.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Rotterdam
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Stellarium claims that it finished downloading all star catalogues.
Storage Usage says that stellarium-data is green.
I see that catalogues (0-7) are stored in /home/user/.stellarium/stars/default, and I see identical files in /opt/stellarium/share/stellarium/stars/default
No symbolic links in sight. Sigh. Why do I have duplicate files, then?..
Conclusion: download the catalogue, but check your RootFS and home space before and after the download, to see where this file is eating the space.
Warning: each consecutive catalogue is larger than a previous one.137k, 600k, 4M, 4.1M, 17M, 44M, 152M, 332M
I have no problems with RootFS space now. I am using the latest CSSU-Testing, and had not felt any need to uninstall applications - on the opposite, I install new applications, sometimes.
Best wishes.
Thanks! I will check it
Kind regards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redouan For This Useful Post: