Active Topics

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
thank god i live in croatia where iphone is considerd to be the best **** ever... so i can get lot of n900 cheap here... cuz its big XD

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Well, nothing left to say except to re-quote myself from Engadget:

Originally Posted by incognito
Great news for Microsoft, not so good for Nokia, extremely terrible for the consumer. Oh, well, at least Nokia will start receiving some love from Engadget...

Nokia just completed a full circle - from a feature phone inventor, over a smartphone pioneer and master, to a feature phone OEM. From somewhat-closed (S40, S60v1), over semi-open (S60v3, S60v5), over mostly open (Maemo, S^3, MeeGo), to the fully-as-in-more-than-the-iOS-itself-closed (WP7). I don't see how anyone who is not a fanboi could appreciate this move from Nokia. I certainly cannot.

Now will you excuse me while I go order my last Nokia device - an N900, to have it as a backup if/after my current one dies, as I don't think we'll see more open and consumer friendly device for years to come... And to eat the hat off my avatar as I've promised if this happens, at least I keep my word unlike some ('... we commit to democratizing the mobile industry...').

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The NOKIA burning oil platform is sunken...
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
You must have been away from earth for at least 5 years that you missed all the anti-competitness lawsuits on Microsoft of which they are convicted.

Given viable choices, who would want to use an OS that you must pay extra for an anti-virus/malware software that eats up at least 5 percent of your resource?

Sorry I should not start an arguement on something else. If you disagree, that alright. I am to sad to argue atm.
I'll talk out of my own experiences and I think Windows isn't a bad OS. It's not the best Os out there, but dare and tell me which one is the best(there is no such thing as "best OS")
Everything has it strong and bad parts, even Microsoft.

And about those lawsuits about pre-installed sofware; I choose my own programs I use.
If IE, WMP,etc comes with the system I see it as an extra you can use. But i'm free to download Opera and mediaplayer classic if I want too. It's not that Windows will go <BOOM> when I install Opera.

And about antivirus software; Heck, it's your choice to secure your system. And Microsoft offers a free antivir at their website(I think its free)
If Mac osX was used as much as windows was it will also need antivir 'n stuff(and that will also eat some cpu)

We all don't know what Microkia will give us, so why bash on something that isn't there... Just bash on terrorists instead!

I'm going to watch this from the side, In a nice loungechair

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Well, to all saying that we are too negative here: NYSE on opening, NOK more than 10% down.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
This just shows that Nokia is really run by incapable and unqualified idiots across all departments.

Nokia doesn't know what it wants anymore. Symbian is completely transformed, Maemo is dead, Meego was supposed to resurrect Nokia from the dead, but MeeGo is slowly dying as well and now Nokia is so desperate it has to go to bed and sleep with its competition.

The N900 and Maemo 5 was treated like dirt, eventhough they had huge potential.

The N9 and MeeGo are treated as dirt, eventhough they have huge potential.

Perfect. Nokia has no confidence in itself and doesn't believe anymore in what they are doing. They are becoming desperate because they know they are losing the battle with great numbers.

In my eyes, Nokia betrayed us and I don't care what innovations this mobile CEO sex will bring.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
New logo ... probably just awaiting approval:

The Following User Says Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
And about those lawsuits about pre-installed sofware; I choose my own programs I use.
If IE, WMP,etc comes with the system I see it as an extra you can use. But i'm free to download Opera and mediaplayer classic if I want too. It's not that Windows will go <BOOM> when I install Opera.
You won't be able to that on the WP7

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Nokia stock now down -11% in Helsinki OMX. Flop's press conference only deepened the dive.
Wait for the shareholders to revolt and kick Elop out.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
-12 % allready haha!

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org