Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
YoDude's Avatar
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,781 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
#11
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Thanks for all your great suggestions! Resuming playback and UPnP are indeed planned for the next release sometime this summer...




...Thanks for commenting on the walkthroughs. I plan on doing more.

Great app! Thanks.

Is there a way to view my MP3 music by filename and directory only?

I have a large collection sorted the way I like and care less about what album it is from and use directory names for artists instead

These directory names are colloquial artist names like "Stones" or "Dead". This eliminates confusion as some tags will have for instance "The Allman Brothers Band", or "The Allman Brothers", or both variations without "The". This spreads the 20 or so songs I have out over 4 artist indices's making music hard to find. Similarly, one song may appear on 4 different albums and unless you know your tags, you may not find it easily.
I also have an extensive collection of personal recordings that were never tagged and these get lost in the system.

Thanks again for the effort.
 
YoDude's Avatar
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,781 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
#12
Never Mind...

Please disregard my previous post. I was using an older version.

This new version does just that... It shows my named directory structure (Eg: "Stones") and if a file doesn't have a tag it shows the full file name... Excellent!

..and as a bonus, pictures of the artists that I added as cover.jpg's in each directory show up too. Woo Hoo!

 
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2008
#13
Is there a way to adjust for bluetooth headset lag so I can watch a movie with a wireless earpiece?
 
pycage's Avatar
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,473 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
#14
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Is there a way to view my MP3 music by filename and directory only?
Yes, in version 0.96 there will be a folder browser for browsing the local filesystem, UPnP media servers, YouTube, etc... (well, it'll be extensible, so anyone can come up with new plugins).
 
pycage's Avatar
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,473 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
#15
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
Is there a way to adjust for bluetooth headset lag so I can watch a movie with a wireless earpiece?
Not yet, but for movies played back with the mplayer backend, this would be technically possible since mplayer can do A/V shifts.
 
Posts: 4,556 | Thanked: 1,622 times | Joined on Dec 2007
#16
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Never Mind...

Please disregard my previous post. I was using an older version.

This new version does just that... It shows my named directory structure (Eg: "Stones") and if a file doesn't have a tag it shows the full file name... Excellent!

..and as a bonus, pictures of the artists that I added as cover.jpg's in each directory show up too. Woo Hoo!

What version is that .95? I'm using it and in the music area it just shows the album art and albums on the left hand side. Occasionally it shows an artist name (but it isn't consistent). And the artists and albums are both in the same left hand column (I guess there's only one?).
__________________
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
They're maemo and MeeGo...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...
 
YoDude's Avatar
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,781 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
#17
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
What version is that .95? I'm using it and in the music area it just shows the album art and albums on the left hand side. Occasionally it shows an artist name (but it isn't consistent). And the artists and albums are both in the same left hand column (I guess there's only one?).
You have to set up your directories by artist first...
 
Posts: 4,556 | Thanked: 1,622 times | Joined on Dec 2007
#18
You mean physical directories? Mine is setup on the SDHC card as..

Music > Artist > Album

So it should be setup already..
__________________
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
They're maemo and MeeGo...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...
 
YoDude's Avatar
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,781 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
#19
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
You mean physical directories? Mine is setup on the SDHC card as..

Music > Artist > Album

So it should be setup already..
It may be because some songs have artist art pointers in their tags or some art is not available somewhere in the tablet.

Because this ID Tag information is never current and rarely consistent over a large collection I end up setting up my directories in a way that makes it easier for me to manually search them. I strip everything but the Title and the Artist Name from the ID Tag, then put a jpg of the artist named cover.jpg in each artist's directory.

Like I said, I could care less which album the song is from so why carry the album art for an album that I may only have 2 songs from.


In any event, MediaBox see's these jpg's and displays them mostly correct.

Apparently though there is a cache that Media Box uses and if you change or add art after you have loaded MediaBox, it doesn't change.

I am hoping pycage can give me a root command that will refresh this cache.

BTW, being able to browse to a folder and play its contents with MediaBox in the future would be great!

***

I ran MediaBox for four+ hours tonight in a party environment and it was incredibly useful. People who had never touched a tablet before felt right at home scrolling to music they wanted to hear and adding it to the playlist. Music ran continuously. Much like a juke box in a bar.

Unlike a juke box though, when the last song in the playlist was played, MediaBox just kept queuing up the next song in the directory, <This is pretty cool as it needed no interaction in order to keep pumping out sound... unless that last song was from my "Stones" directory. After the 5th song in a row from them (in a directory you know holds 23 more) it kind of forces you to add to the dang playlist in order to keep you wits.

As a result, my next feature request would be the ability to choose "shuffle" or "random" for the songs MediaBox plays after it runs the playlist.

Excellent work!

Thanks to all who are involved.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,556 | Thanked: 1,622 times | Joined on Dec 2007
#20
Hmm true, I do have problems with my music files sometimes in Canola with its ID3 tags. Though I like to have them organized by album (sometimes I have more then one album from an artist). Guess I'll take another look at the ID3 tags. There's gotta be a reason why some of them work and others don't.
__________________
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
They're maemo and MeeGo...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...
 
Reply

Tags
media player, mediabox

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:43.