Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
hi after the updates this morning it seems something broken the radio is not working whilst it was before, the home applet radio works well but listening through mediabox player is not working it try's buffering but unable to connect even though connection is ok, i always boot the device so as to enable the new functions if it need be, will try to see what is happenning. anyone having such issue and fix.
Check your volume level, it seems the volume was set to 0 after the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
Internet Radio plays for 2 minutes then stops. At first the radio will start playing in the Player screen with the list of my stations listed on the left of the screen, which is normal. But after about 2 minutes, radio stops and my stations list is replace with the Browser list icons but the Player screen is still displayed.

edited: Rebooted and now problem is gone.

Last edited by heavyt; 2008-09-21 at 16:53.

thanks will check that and report back.
Edit: ok i fired up the volume to 50% started my favourite radio buffering started nothing still buffering, i think something is wrong somewhere, it was working nicely till the update this morning hope next release will fix it

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-09-21 at 16:25.

What about having the options and controls for FM and Internet radios under one icon, like version 95? As it is now they are in three different places (File, Radio, and Configure).

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
thanks will check that and report back.
Edit: ok i fired up the volume to 50% started my favourite radio buffering started nothing still buffering, i think something is wrong somewhere, it was working nicely till the update this morning hope next release will fix it
I'll take a look at it. Thank you guys for regularly testing the SVN stuff. This is really helpful.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
What about having the options and controls for FM and Internet radios under one icon, like version 95? As it is now they are in three different places (File, Radio, and Configure).
I moved the internet radio to the folder viewer because it's now directory-based with Shoutcast and eventually other directories. The FM tuner on the other hand has a frequency tuner. So I think it looked weird if they were still together. They don't have much in common IMHO.
But nothing is set in stone, and I'm open to new suggestions.

Was anybody able to the test the FM tuner with Japanese radio?
I don't have the appropriate kernel installed for this at the moment and am not in Japan, so I can't test.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I moved the internet radio to the folder viewer because it's now directory-based with Shoutcast and eventually other directories. The FM tuner on the other hand has a frequency tuner. So I think it looked weird if they were still together. They don't have much in common IMHO.
But nothing is set in stone, and I'm open to new suggestions.
I understand your view but this is what I see. A user starts up MediaBox then goes to the main screen to select radio, what does he/she sees, a radio icon. Most of the time that user will for the first time select the radio icon, all well and good if they want fm radio but they are lost if they had wanted internet base radio.

A solution would be to have an icon for the internet radio on the main screen. I feel that the user should not have to fish for what they want. So after they have selected their media and gone to that screen the configuring options should be there if any is needed.

Like you said nothing is set in stone.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
I downloaded the latest svn version, internet radio song titles seems to work.

I am puzzle by the shuffle and repeat icons. They do not seem to work in the upper tool bar but do work in the main screen's right tool bar. As it is now a user has to leave the screen he/she is in and go to the main screen to set/change those options.

The upper toolbar is only meant as a status indicator. So, yes, you can't click them there.
I found the menu screen to be a good place to put the shuffle and repeat buttons there. It's always just one click away, and the current status is visible in the title bar.
I could make the status icons clickable as well. I just didn't found them comfortable to use. But it wouldn't be a big thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
media player, mediabox