Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
But there has been an answer: Nokia does not provide to the public the release dates for future firmware updates.
This board is very technical, nothing for BFUs, so developers could tell „Yes, we found a solution yet“ or something like/unlike that, independently of Nokia. Maemo is Linux based platform, so I hope that software development could be more user community oriented.

The Following User Says Thank You to marekl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by marekl View Post
This board is very technical, nothing for BFUs, so developers could tell „Yes, we found a solution yet“ or something like/unlike that, independently of Nokia.
what does that have to do with firmware releases?
you do realize that nokia, not the community, creates and releases the firmware?

if someone did find a solution independently (which is unlikely, considering MfE is not open source due to Microsoft's requirements), you would read about it on this forum, but it would not be part of any firmware update.

and if you're talking about nokia employed developers, they are not allowed to communicate such things publicly.

I don't know, how it is about firmware updates on Maemo, N900 is my first device on Maemo platform. Somebody answered me that Nokia never tells release dates and I just replied on it,

Let's wait, there is no other opportunity on our users side.

Hi Vitalin,

Tx for bringing the MFE for maemo into the spotlights !

I really hope it will be improved in the future so that maemo can be used by business users (corporate phone book, search email, flagging) but I have no doubt seeing how you guys work !

I'll just have to be patient, which is good as the price will drop while I wait

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
This board is very technical, nothing for BFUs, so developers could tell „Yes, we found a solution yet“ or something like/unlike that, independently of Nokia.
That's a bit different than requesting a specific date and is usually provided already. As a general example, please see Bugzilla where Andre often closes bugs with explanations along the lines of:

Originally Posted by Designer Impostor of Andre Klapper
This has been fixed in x.y.z. Any public update released with or after this build version will include this fix.
More specifically, if it is Exchange 2003 support for which you want a "we found a solution" post, then vitaly_repin's post that began this thread already provided that:

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
What about Exchange 2003?
- Wait for sw. update.
If it is Google support that interests you, please vote for (and watch) enhancement request 6343, if you haven't already. Similarly, if you haven't voted on vitaly_repin's poll, please do so.

Maemo is Linux based platform, so I hope that software development could be more user community oriented.
Yes, that desire is widespread in the community. Teaching long-time product managers new tricks takes time though, it seems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
FYI, for the people concerned with the Google integration, check out this thread.

As I see it, the MfE should well...be used more for an actual exchange server and if you need the ability to sync with Google, then you should probably have something specific to that rather than trying to shoehorn features into something that it wasn't intended to actually do.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsuggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by phi View Post
I did a search for "multiple accounts" on this thread and didn't see anything. Is there going to be support for more than one exchange account?

Check the very first message in this thread

This board is very technical, nothing for BFUs, so developers could tell „Yes, we found a solution yet“ or something like/unlike that
Guys, the only thing I can say is that we are testing our Exchange 2003 implementation right now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Guys, the only thing I can say is that we are testing our Exchange 2003 implementation right now.
While you testing Exchange can you guys also improve performance of Nokia Messaging?

Originally Posted by bAxon View Post
While you testing Exchange can you guys also improve performance of Nokia Messaging?
We can't. Different team is responsible for this. What are your problems with Nokia Messaging? I can send the corresponding team a link to this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!