Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
sonic117, que nos conocemos jaja.

nokia n900 will run in the future

dreamcast emulator and nintendo 64 emulator because sould ports of pandora,

nokia n900 can use , wii control and logitech usb gamepad and msi bgp-100 bluetoh gamepad and keyboard bluetoh

and in the future two players playing in emulator psx sould possible

compile binary code and rewritten any libraries but it is possible, secure

psx emulator are true i have it now, and neogeo,mame,megadrive,supernintendo,gameboy(normal ,color,advance),nintendo ds,master system,game gear and more

when i have nokia n900 i will post youtube videos

i have now nintendo 64 emulator pandora ,i have it , i try port to n900 , i search any developer than port this emulator to n900

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
You seem to be overexcited about the gaming aspect.

I am sorry, but I have to say that the N900 is no specialized gaming console* -- if you want that, get the Pandora.

Ok, now that I've not changed anyone's opinion , bear with me:

The Pandora guys seem to have no trouble to overclock their devices up to 850Mhz, killing the X11 server and most of userspace processes just to run a single game, and also adding potentially machine-bricking kernel modules while we're at it. This allows them to get the full performance from their machines.

This behavior would be frowned upon here, since that would leave you with no phone until you reboot (and that would be the lesser of the evils actually). Also, the N900 will be most of the time at 500Mhz-550Mhz. So not only you have a little bit less powerful machine, but also you will have lots of userspace processes limiting the available memory and taking its toll on CPU usage. And a compositor.

So my opinion is that you can expect something running slow on the Pandora to run slower (how much I don't know) on the N900. And, up so far, the N64 emulator runs _slow_ on the Pandora. So there may never be a usable N64 emu. You have been warned.**
--------------------
And yes, the N810 can use USB gamepads. The N900 _can't_. It is yet to be seen if this will be fixed. The Pandora also can, btw. Not a problem for me since I prefer BT gamepads.
--------------------
And also, would you please stop saying you have that many N900 emulators -- you don't. For example, there's no working DS emulator yet.
--------------------
*It's a kickass computer with a phone. And of course, you can use a computer to play games. And some of us dislike carrying an specilized gaming console and are willing to sacrifice some aspects traditionally associated with gaming console, like a d-pad. And I hope the device to be the only thing I carry in my pockets for a long, long time
**Ironically, I used to believe that there would be no good SNES emu on the N810

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-10-26 at 00:21. Reason: long post = lots of fixes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
javispedro

nobody calls me a liar so watch yourself

the true is here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/29347723...ores_maemo.rar

yes it is have nintendo ds emulator, see you with your eyes

yes it is play station emulator , see you with your eyes

and gameboy, gameboy color, gameboy advance, nintendo, supernintendo, master system, game gear ,megadrive, neogeo ,neogeo pocket, mame, scumm

and nintendo 64 emulator pandora proyect

and
msi bgp-100 bluetoh gamepad drivers for nokia n770/800
http://rapidshare.com/files/29338110...ad_bgp-100.rar

try it

if you can play this emulators in a nokia n900, nokia n900 is a mobile/console this is the true

pandora is better console but nokia n900 have more ..........................

Last edited by samipower; 2009-10-26 at 00:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to samipower For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
yes it is have nintendo ds emulator, see you with your eyes .
For the N810, yes. So it won't even show you anything on the N900 if it uses hw pixel doubling. And search here for the frameskip needed to play it on N810.

Most N900 software is here http://maemo.org/packages/

msi bgp-100 bluetoh gamepad drivers for nokia n770/800
http://rapidshare.com/files/29338110...ad_bgp-100.rar
Again, for the N810! Non working in the N900 until someone figures out usb host.

pandora is better console but nokia n900 have more ..........................
Pandora has more emulators. The N900 will have more software, and is way more stylish

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-10-26 at 07:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
javispedro

nobody calls me a liar so watch yourself
You better watch it Javis.... he's gonna b*tch-slap you with wacky posts if you keep calling him a liar

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
and there is another problem as I described here:
http://www.rojtberg.net/312/opengl-on-the-n900/

The Following User Says Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
You better watch it Javis.... he's gonna b*tch-slap you with wacky posts if you keep calling him a liar
wow, that guy is truely hilarious.

"See you with your eyes!"

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sonic117 View Post
the Wii controller...we know that the Wii controller works
Depends on what you classify as working. The wiimote has a built-in randomish lag to it which is almost impossible to work around. Yes, the wiimote really does lag even for official Nintendo developers.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
that should answer your main question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1adgozQElVg

yes, you can connect 2 bluetooth devices at once, why shouldn't you be able to do that? And as you see, the snes emulator already features that.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrypie For This Useful Post:
if only there was such thing as mobile phones with d pads on one side of the screen and 2 buttons the other - it would be a killer phone for games.