Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Netherlands
I have the Nokia N9 with PR1.2.

When adding a phone number, I can choose between Mobile, Home, Work, Fax or Additional.

Is there a way to add extra types of phone numbers?
For example: Work mobile, Mobile 1, Mobile 2, etc?

You click the type of number (Mobile, Home, Work, Fax, Other) to change the type. When you fill the allotted two types an additional space for adding another number will automatically appear. You can then change the type allowing you to have extra types of phone number.

Does anyone know if it's possible when adding contacts to send an SMS to automatically choose the Mobile number over say Home or Work? It's quite annoying to constantly have to choose which number to text.

The Following User Says Thank You to True Dee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by True Dee View Post
You click the type of number (Mobile, Home, Work, Fax, Other) to change the type. When you fill the allotted two types an additional space for adding another number will automatically appear. You can then change the type allowing you to have extra types of phone number.
Somehow this doesn't work?
I want to add phone types which are originally not present within the N9.
Is the list with phone types somewhere stored in a certain file?
And where is that file located?
And can I add/change the phone types within that file?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
Thank you for this, I cannot believe that the issue that I was looking at was so dam easy to solve. Strange how when testing, something so obvious can be missed. Nice how when you delete your contact numbers in the list, the list shrinks back down.

Does anyone know if it's possible when adding contacts to send an SMS to automatically choose the Mobile number over say Home or Work? It's quite annoying to constantly have to choose which number to text.
This would be a nice feature to implement, that is if it is not already there hidden somewhere.