Woah thx guys. I change my color to purple. wheee thx a lot. The purple looks a little pinkish though

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I believe supported colours are white (ffffff), cyan (00ffff), magenta (ff00ff), yelllow (ffff00), blue (0000ff), green (00ff00), red (ff0000), and black (000000). This corresponds to each red, green, or blue subpixel being either on or off, the only supported modes when the screen is in low-power mode.

White is the smoothest colour, since all three subpixels are switched on. Choosing cyan, magenta, or yellow will result in slightlier 'jaggier' outlines in your chosen picture, while the roughest looking will be an image in any of the three primary colours, red, green, or blue, as only a third of the pixels will be used to draw the image. At least that's how I understand how things work on the pentile screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I believe supported colours are white (ffffff), cyan (00ffff), magenta (ff00ff), yelllow (ffff00), blue (0000ff), green (00ff00), red (ff0000), and black (000000). This corresponds to each red, green, or blue subpixel being either on or off, the only supported modes when the screen is in low-power mode.

White is the smoothest colour, since all three subpixels are switched on. Choosing cyan, magenta, or yellow will result in slightlier 'jaggier' outlines in your chosen picture, while the roughest looking will be an image in any of the three primary colours, red, green, or blue, as only a third of the pixels will be used to draw the image. At least that's how I understand how things work on the pentile screen.
Woah you are really good. Thanks for the tip. Did u experiment with all the colors?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Berlin
who want to build an smal .deb???

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Australia
Anyone know how to change the colour of the notification icons that appear under the clock in standby?

How about using vi to change the files?...

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Nokialand
Originally Posted by pyrced View Post
Anyone know how to change the colour of the notification icons that appear under the clock in standby?
I just replaced the icons in /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons (icons-m-low-power-mode*.png are the ones used for the standby screen).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tharna For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nysi View Post
If someone could pass me the PR1.1 libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css -file I would be very glad. I deleted it accidentaly, when modding the clock colour
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48963494/lib...kia.css_backup

Hi Mate,

I hope you wouldn't mind explaining where I am going wrong in following the steps below...

I did everything ok until the part where I am trying to write back the file through the terminal. I keep getting denied permission in the last step.

Have I missed anything you guys have done before doing these steps?? All I did was activate dev mode and install the terminal..

Please see my error below...

Hope you can help me please...

Thanks
Adam

Originally Posted by oSCho View Post
HsHon, this is how I managed to change the clock color (there's probably a better/quicker technique but whatever):

On you phone, copy the libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css to a folder visible when in USB Mass Storage mode (for example: /home/user/MyDocs/Documents/). I used File Manager to perform this step.

Now, connect your N9 to the computer and navigate to the folder where you copied the css file.

Edit the file using a text editor, not Word :-) I use Notepad++

The line you want to change is line 85 in my file, two lines below: LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel {

I suggest using basic red(#FF0000) blue(#0000FF) green(#00FF00). I noticed some other colors also work but not all of them.

Once your done editing save the file and eject your device.

On the phone's terminal:

type in:
Code:
devel-su [enter]
You then need to type in your password, default is rootme I believe.
EDIT: I'm not sure this is necessary but I'm not a pro with these user permission things hehe. It works this way and that's enough for me.

We then need to copy the edited file from the "Documents" folder back to the original folder.

type in:
Code:
cd .. [enter]
Code:
cp home/user/MyDocs/Documents/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/ [enter]
Reboot your device. If you don't see the clock anymore it's probably because you chose a non-supported color.

You can edit the file directly on the device in the terminal but I find this technique easier. If anyone has a better way of doing this please let me know. Could we somehow add something in the settings pane for this?

oSCho

Hey!

No problem, I can't see what your doing in the terminal though the pic is too small for my eyes.

Are you sure you are copying from the file you modified? The below command should be written in one line (only hit enter at the end of the command) and the first half should reflect where the file/folder where you modified is at. In my case it was in the Documents folder.

cp home/user/MyDocs/Documents/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/ [enter]

Is this what you have done already?

oSCho

Originally Posted by Pee Dee View Post
Hi Mate,

I hope you wouldn't mind explaining where I am going wrong in following the steps below...

I did everything ok until the part where I am trying to write back the file through the terminal. I keep getting denied permission in the last step.

Have I missed anything you guys have done before doing these steps?? All I did was activate dev mode and install the terminal..

Please see my error below...

Hope you can help me please...

Thanks
Adam