Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ England and USA
Me too.

My N900 and BH-905 are wonderful when they work. But the blasted headphones keep crashing. Not good for £750 worth of equipment.

Steve

hi all so this is definately a n900bug not faulty headsets? i was really tempted by the headphones but would you recommend waiting? Many thanks

In my opinion and from further research on equipment available to me, it's definetly a N900 error.

There's also another error floating about with the n900 icm with wifi/bluetooth. Whenever something happens with the connectivity of the n900 audio played over bluetooth (whether a phone call or other audio) the audio starts crackling.

There's a bugfix already in place for the above mentioned bluetooth/wifi issue. I hope it fixes the stability of the entire bluetooth stack.

I've now also tested it against my bluetooth car stereo (JVC type KD-BT11) and that one has issues as well.
-----------------------------

Drill down of the issue till now for me. Further testing of the error for me is concentrated in the simultanious hangup of the phonecall. When I hangup the phonecall at the same time or nearly the same time as my caller it will hang the bluetooth stack (when used with my carkit, phone reboot fixes it) or it hangs the BH-905 and a reboot of that device fixes it as well.

This is very notable in the phone application as well, where it becomes really slow. I've already dropped a complaint at NOKIA, but them buggers never responded

I have the same problem. using bh-905 with htc g1

It happened once but I suspected it to be a problem with the BH-905s since I could not get the BH-905s to turn on after the initial pairing with N900 (it would not show up blue light).

Had to reset it.

Now they both behave fine, always autoconnecting - working well with media player functions.

I do miss voice dialling capabilities though (voice commands/initiating call over BT)

I too have just experienced this issue with N900 and BH-905 on the first day of using them together on only the second call I made.

Finished the first call and then made another. Somehow the audio went to the handset not the headphones. Tried to make the call again but the headphones went dead.
The headset connection icon wasn't there and there phone indicated no bluetoth connection. I just could not get the bluetooth indicator light on at all and no buttons responded.

The ANC worked and if I used the cable I could hear music from the N900.

Found this thread and the three button reset seeed to work after much fiddling. They now work.

Will see if this happens again and but if it does I will likely return the headphones.

This coulpled with the bluetooth/wifi issue when playing music (using of the wifi interuptions the bluetooth audio and then the music pitch goes funny) really makes we wonder about the quality of nokia software and their testing....

Very disapointed given cost of the phone and headset. There should not be this many issue!!!!

I've got BH-905 too. BH-905 has done a total lock up once for me when paired with N900, but usually works fine. Didn't really pay attention to the conditions though. I'll try to keep an eye on this too.

I've not extensively tested this, but from a few testings I've noticed that if I stop being impatient and use the multifunctional key actively (as in self ending a phonecall) it will take about 5 extra seconds but under normal circumstances it will keep working.

As in: let your opposite cancel the phonecall.
As said, not extensively tested this... I've not tested the situation where I only used the touchscreen to cancel the phonecall.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
My BH-905 worked mostly fine until the most recent update. Now it won't pair with my N900.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
My BH-905 worked mostly fine until the most recent update. Now it won't pair with my N900.
I'm still able to pair with new firmware, connect and listen. It disconnects but that's because BH-905 is low bat (haven't charged since last Thursday) and it made a "low battery sound".