peeps at jolla probably deserve a christmas bonus for all the work they been doing

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
[Sailfish OS] Another Update Will Be Out Soon
#‎Jolla‬ is targeting another bugfix update before the end of this year and new features during Q1/14 - Stefano Mosconi

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
i'm also sure they are under tremendous pressure from their chinese investors. i remember them seeing they have to ship something by 2013 (no doubt it is probably one of the conditions imposed upon them by their investors).

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
So im using the phone since today. Have to say it feels good and for a beta OS i can only say congratulations !!

Haven't experienced any issues / ui feels fresh and very easy to understand.

First question to the more experienced users (in time)... I downloaded songs from sandbox (kiitos Rainisto) but these do not show up in the musicplayer. Is it so that the musicplayer only fetches songs from 'Music' folder ?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
First question to the more experienced users (in time)... I downloaded songs from sandbox (kiitos Rainisto) but these do not show up in the musicplayer. Is it so that the musicplayer only fetches songs from 'Music' folder ?
Media player uses tracker data. Tracker indexes at least nemo user's home directory and sdcard.

My understanding is that the most common problems have been that tracker doesn't recognize the format (or mislabels them) or media player doesn't have decoder for the format.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by att View Post
Media player uses tracker data. Tracker indexes at least nemo user's home directory and sdcard.

My understanding is that the most common problems have been that tracker doesn't recognize the format (or mislabels them) or media player doesn't have decoder for the format.
OK thanks.
They're in NEMO home folder (subfolder Dropbox), normal MP3 songs so no idea why player doesnt index them.

Bug? :-)

How about indexing pictures, seems that new pics dont appear in android apps and vica versa unless reboot for example?

Meaning, take a pic or download from web -> shows in Sailfish gallery.
Go to Android whatsapp and open gallery via it -> recent pics not shown.
Also get a pic from user via android whatsapp -> the pic not shown in Sailfish gallery.

Last edited by andreas1; 2013-12-16 at 11:43.

Did someone successfully added a google account (for contacts) ? After the licence agreement I just get a blank screen :/

The Following User Says Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Did someone successfully added a google account (for contacts) ? After the licence agreement I just get a blank screen :/
Yes, Google account for mail works for me. I haven't tried to configure contacts or calendar from Google account.

Originally Posted by att View Post
Yes, Google account for mail works for me. I haven't tried to configure contacts or calendar from Google account.
Issue solved

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience