Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
December 12th email from Jolla said all who paid by 2nd will have Jolla in their hands by Christmas. In their hands was the wording.
Not mine.
+10 chars

Dear brave pioneer,

If you have already received your tracking number or the actual device, congratulations and thank you for your support!

We had lots of unexpected technical challenges in the shipping process. Some of you have not yet received your tracking number or device and for that we are truly sorry. We know you believe in us and we are working hard to meet your expectations.

Watch your email for your tracking number.

Once again, please understand how sorry we are that what we worked on for the last two years is having difficulty to get into your eager hands. You will not be disappointed when you get your Jolla!

We have focused so much on getting the product ready and in your hands that our communication towards you hasn't been enough. We learned and we will improve this in the future.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Jolla team

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Maybe the text is different for international orders.

Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Jolla does have enough time to communicate to us the broad shipping status. Their decision to not tell anything specific is not restrained by time, that much is clear - because then they wouldn't have time for any of the PR messages they send out.

In reality, better communications is a decision from them. Nothing more. It would take mere minutes once every or every other day by one Jolla employee. One. Jolla has decided not to report specifics. It is a choice, not time restraint.
Please enlighten me and provide a single example of a startup with 5k devices to ship in 3/4 weeks time with a community manager who kept customers updated on Twitter all the time.

As I said, it's pretty challenging business. A lot of companies today have a lot less to care in order to deliver a product.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simon@ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Bundyo
I also had my order in status as "Cancelled by the sender" at one point of time. But it was normally delivered, only 1 day after the "estimated delivery date". I assume your case is exactly the same. After the delivery status was changed to "Delivered". You can use your order number to track your package as suggested several pages back in this thread.

EDIT: If you order is 20000731 - I do not see the same statys change as with mine. But it is scheduled to be delivered today
Today, but it is still reported to be in transition. I wonder if they are going on foot

Originally Posted by simon@ View Post
Please enlighten me and provide a single example of a startup with 5k devices to ship in 3/4 weeks time with a community manager who kept customers updated on Twitter all the time.

As I said, it's pretty challenging business. A lot of companies today have a lot less to care in order to deliver a product.
There are plenty of startups and small businesses that do very immediate communications with their customers because they understand big corporate comms tactics are not best for them. In tech I have seen some very, very personal touches.

Jolla chose the corporate route, not the community route. Which would have been fine had they delivered, but with issues I do believe a community sharing approach would have won them more goodwill than this approach. It provably would have saved support time too.

Jolla said they want to be Unlike, not like "a lot of companies". This is merely my suggestion on how to be that. Just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by kkito View Post
Received the phone, also I've received the email with the tracking number after. That's fun, because they have a bug in the number-tostring conversion of the FedeX tracking number, because is writed with cientific notation (6.97485E+11). Hope the code in the OS is more rigourous that the ones used for generating the email.
The emails are generated by their e-commerce package, Magento, which they appear to have not wrangled into compliance yet.

It can be a bit of a nightmare if you push it to do slightly out of the ordinary tasks which might possibly be part of the problem they've had in the last few weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by simon@ View Post

To send a couple of messages to twitter is not the most stressful thing in the world. It can even be done while sitting on the toilet......

By the way, anyone noticed this (specifically the time)?
11:01 pm
Picked up
VANTAA FI
Looks like they are really working night shifts to get the devices out to us.
Maybe this was even the van of which Cybette had tweeted a pic.

So, great thanks to all the hard working guys who work so hard on serving all the orders as quickly as possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
#1611 arrived at 08:30 in Germany, but without the extra OH.

Guess what: I got a package insert with "Coming soon" It figures!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shining235 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
By the way, anyone noticed this (specifically the time)?

Looks like they are really working night shifts to get the devices out to us.
Maybe this was even the van of which Cybette had tweeted a pic.

So, great thanks to all the hard working guys who work so hard on serving all the orders as quickly as possible.
Night in finland starts mid october and ends mid march

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post: