Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I don't really contribute anything any more. But I'll check with AA on my options. And even if I could make the flight, I'd probably have to bunk with someone-- almost 8 months trying, and still no job offer.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
And even if I could make the flight, I'd probably have to bunk with someone-- almost 8 months trying, and still no job offer.
In the same boat now Texrat. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long for me though but we will see.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baloo For This Useful Post:
I am just reading this thread am can feel the excitement - what with guys without jobs who still are looking for ways to go to the summit - I am sure there's a lot happening out there and the feeling of being so close to a developing platform and what not ...

Wow ! Kudos to all of you - who are really contributing to Maemo platform in some way or the other. And I hope Texrat you can make it somehow.

I wish I could also go - but somehow for the time being I will remain an avid user :-)

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
In the same boat now Texrat. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long for me though but we will see.
Six going on seven months here, guys...

And, Texrat, sponsorship also includes lodging.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I don't really contribute anything any more...
What? You can't say 'tee-hee' anymore? Nah, you're still 'rock star' to me. Apply for sponsorship, and let's see what happens.

almost 8 months trying, and still no job offer.
You might remember that it took me 9 months... Hang in there...

Weird that so many core community members are out of work now. I hate this stupid recession. The greedy b@stards who took down the banks didn't give a d@mn about all the good, hard working folks all over the world whose lives they were turning upside down... And nobody went to jail, nobody even got fined...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
...better still, their fat bonuses were paid out of public money... yours 'n mine...

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
One thing worth stressing: the first Maemo Summit was mainly for developers (as Stefan Constantinescu put so well). In the second edition developers should be just as happy or more... but engaged users AS WELL. We need to think what to offer and how to attract them.
Good point Quim.

Lot of friends asked me about lot of questions about very common applications when I showed them the N810 first time, for example:

- is there a native GMail client?
- is there a native Youtube client?
- is there a native Facebook client?

as you can see, all about most popular services around the web.
I think we should consider this if we want to gain more end users.

Ah... the most common question was: "Nokia N810.... well... is it a phone, right?" - "ehr... no, it's not! " - "oh.... that's a pity.. I would have bought it..."

Please, consider this for the future

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Finland
Just a quick question here since I didn't find an answer with search..

Is there going to be some sort of webcast from Maemo Summit?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
No livde webcast is planned, but all the sessions in the 3 rooms will be recorded in video. Then it's up to us how fast are we able to process and upload the materials.

Please open a new thread if you want to discuss this further. The discussion is needed.

Also, please let's unstick this thread and the other ones not so relevant anymore. Thanks!

Tags
maemo summit, maemo.org, reefer madness