Active Topics

There are ways to use GTalk audio and video features. Go check this out: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42890

Also iirc there's some new gtalk app.. but I may be wrong.

hth!

When is fring coming out officially on N900.. it has been some time.. Now with Fring out service I am really waiting for the app on my n900

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
Be the 1st to preview fringOut – calls worldwide to any phone from 1 c/min!

If you want to be 1st to try the latest and greatest features, keep reading.

fring is hosting an exclusive preview for its new fringOut service (sorry, the preview version 4.4.10 is only available on Nokia, other users stay tuned). fringOut lets you call any landline or mobile in the world for almost free all from your mobile phone.

So, now you can call your friends who are not yet on fring. Call Abbey in Atlanta, Bob in Berlin, Clara in Cambodia or David in Dehli, for ‘almost-free’.
⇒ If you’d like to be the first to try this paid service and start saving, visit our fringOut preview site here and get calling.

As always, chatting, calls and video calls to other fringsters and other internet friends is still completely FREE.

If you have questions about fringOut, you can check out our FAQ, our TOS see our user guide or drop us a line.

The fring TEAM

original link: http://www.fring.com/blog/?p=2397

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
hello,

am i missing something. I have a (beta) fring app on n900.
downloaded via one of the repository's.

Originally Posted by maya View Post
Be the 1st to preview fringOut – calls worldwide to any phone from 1 c/min!

If you want to be 1st to try the latest and greatest features, keep reading.

fring is hosting an exclusive preview for its new fringOut service (sorry, the preview version 4.4.10 is only available on Nokia, other users stay tuned). fringOut lets you call any landline or mobile in the world for almost free all from your mobile phone.

So, now you can call your friends who are not yet on fring. Call Abbey in Atlanta, Bob in Berlin, Clara in Cambodia or David in Dehli, for ‘almost-free’.
⇒ If you’d like to be the first to try this paid service and start saving, visit our fringOut preview site here and get calling.

As always, chatting, calls and video calls to other fringsters and other internet friends is still completely FREE.

If you have questions about fringOut, you can check out our FAQ, our TOS see our user guide or drop us a line.

The fring TEAM

original link: http://www.fring.com/blog/?p=2397
Is it out for N900 yet?

Originally Posted by Jkobt View Post
hello,

am i missing something. I have a (beta) fring app on n900.
downloaded via one of the repository's.
Is there any direct link to this beta? I have Extra Devel Disabled in my handset

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Is there any direct link to this beta? I have Extra Devel Disabled in my handset
sorry, I dont know