Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 1,737 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Can someone confirm whether the patcher for Sailfish X works for Sailfish 3 as well? The github repository only mentions latest SF2 versions.

I'm on the verge of buying an X Compact, but unfortunately I need Alien Dalvik, so the community port is not enough for me.

[Edit] Oh wait. I thought g7's image was the community build, while it actually is the patched image. Sorry. Great to hear that it works then!

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-11-13 at 18:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I run the patcher provided by G7 (many thanks) using Sailfish X Trial for F5121. The patching process was successful but I got few errors during the process:
Code:
Error building the cache:
[adaptation0|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation0] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation0' because of the above error.
[adaptation1|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation1] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation1' because of the above error.
[aliendalvik|plugin:/ssu?repo=aliendalvik] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'aliendalvik' because of the above error.
Are these errors related to the commercial features? I have not flashed patched image yet. I am planning to purchase license later and install commercial features then from the Jolla app store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
I installed the patched version of Xperia X Sailfish X package (Sailfish OS 3.0.0.8 Trial) to X Compact and everything went well. Once again, thanks to g7 for tool.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 1,737 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
[Edit] Oh wait. I thought g7's image was the community build, while it actually is the patched image. Sorry. Great to hear that it works then!
I can confirm that it works on 3.0.0.8. Thanks a lot g7, this is awesome.

I got the same errors FlyingAero, with paid Sailfish X. But I haven't tried all paid features yet (I have close to no use for MS for exchange), however Dalvik and text prediction work well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I ran some benchmarks with my X Compact running on Sailfish 3 and got very strange results in Sysbench. I used these settings:
  • Single: sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=1 run
  • Multi: sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=6 run
I got constant results in multi core test (about 19s) but in single core test there is huge variation. Usually the results is 155s but sometimes 80s. I know that benchmarks are not very realible but this time it is very strange since I got either 155s or 80s, nothing else. Is this related to the issue of using the big cores? I remember that Jolla said during the launch of Xperia X Sailfish X package that foreground apps do not always run on the big cores. Is that fixed yet?

The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post: