Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Near Paris, France
I am also very interested in having Opera Mini in full screen in MicroEmulator (no title bar, menu bar & status bar), do you guys have any idea if that could be possible with the MicroEmulator headless mode ? or what is the use of the headless mode ?
(I could just check it at home tonight but was wondering if you guys already had experience with this "headless" mode)

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
headless = no GUI elements, cmdline/daemon only.

opera will fail to start in a headless JVM.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
I would be ever so grateful if someone could test whether this Oanda java test applet runs on the n900: TIA

https://fx2.oanda.com/test.html

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just so you guys know, this is not a legal project. You're not allowed to redistribute the Embedded Java trial software. You have to download it yourself from here. And it does time out after a while.

You should probably also grab the latest MicroEmulator snapshot, as DarkGUNMAN suggests. It solves several bugs with the older versions.

And then, once you've grabbed the latest Opera Mini version yourself, you've done everything that the original blogger did. But you did it legally.

The OP probably got all their information from this thread here at t.m.o.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Hi, I've been using maemo.org ever since I got my N900, back at the end of December. It really is a more than useful site - vital in some respects for this phone.

However I have never been so stumped as this - what I'm sure is very simple - Java installation.

I first tried the simple guide on nokian900applications.com but it didn't work. I also found it a little confusing. The same then went when I tried the step by step guide on this thread. It is not just that it isn't working, but I feel more me it is missing out obvious and simple things, probably because I'm not techy enough.

In most ways I am not even at "noob" level, but I have been very used to installing and altering things in x-terminal through guides on this website.

Please could someone maybe do what someone else suggested earlier on this thread and do a video? Or even a s-t-e-p-b-y-s-t-e-p slow and laborious process, even like it's written for a spastic.

I really would so much like to get Java working on this wonderful phone of mine. And no, unlike some people on maemo.org, I do not just use this for a phone and maybe a play on a demo version of Bounce.

Regards, Charles

p.s. This is my first post, not only on this site, but on any forum. Does it possibly show...?

Oh, and please don't just link me to another guide on this site, I have searched and done everything I have seen to try.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
is it possible to run symbian apps now right? D: ... like if i downdload a JAR file for a symbian game, and install it, it would work?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
is it possible to run symbian apps now right? D: ... like if i downdload a JAR file for a symbian game, and install it, it would work?
JAR files are Java files
Not symbian....

(Symbian files are sis or sisx files )
But yeah, the .jar files should work

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
If you want to run Java apps (or J2ME apps), you want to check out the package icedtea6 and microemulator. Do a forum search and you'll find a couple useful threads about both of these. Both have versions in extras-testing, and can be easily installed from there.

Icedtea6 is an optimized Java SE setup for arm processors (like our N900 has) and gives you the ability to run most Java based programs. Microemulator (which requires JSE or icedtea) is a class emulator that can run most J2ME packages within the JSE environment.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
well, yeah, i used icedtea6 and microemulator, and i could run clash of titans the game for symbian, (there's a lot of websites where you can download the games in .jar format, well... it worked!!! omg! ... the only problem is that it runs kinda slow, but i'm 100% sure it's because i have the wrong resolution, i downloaded one for E61i (320x240) and well, when you select resizable device from options, it kinda stretches the image to fit the WVGA n900's resolution, i triend to manually resize it in the emulator option but didn't work, can any one come up with ideas to make it run smoother?

Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
well, yeah, i used icedtea6 and microemulator, and i could run clash of titans the game for symbian, (there's a lot of websites where you can download the games in .jar format, well... it worked!!! omg! ... the only problem is that it runs kinda slow, but i'm 100% sure it's because i have the wrong resolution, i downloaded one for E61i (320x240) and well, when you select resizable device from options, it kinda stretches the image to fit the WVGA n900's resolution, i triend to manually resize it in the emulator option but didn't work, can any one come up with ideas to make it run smoother?
can u make a simple tutorial on how to do it???
http://www.nokian900applications.com...on-nokia-n900/

hope to hear from u....thanks in advance....