Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Yup, bash here.

Been reading jam manfile and this part maybe is causing different build:
Code:
The scanning for header file inclusions is not exact, but it is at least dynamic, so there is no need to run something like makedepend(GNU) to create a static dependency file. The scanning mechanism errs on the side of inclusion (i.e., it is more likely to return filenames that are not actually used by the compiler than to miss include files) because it can't tell if #include lines are inside #ifdefs or other conditional logic. In Jambase, HdrRule applies the NOCARE rule to each header file found during scanning so that if the file isn't present yet doesn't cause the compilation to fail, jam won't care.
As in: doesn't find something on my device, still builds, finds something in autobuilder and result differs?
i think it would be good idea to check what happens if the compilation logic was changed to: if opengles check succeeds - compile nicely; else: fail so hard it will flood error log with millions messages - then we will be sure wheather the opengles check fails before compilation or there is other reason for failure

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Funny thing, but maemo14 version on SB gave me:
Starting lincity-ng (version 2.0-maemo13 without GLES)...
Changelog does mention 14, still on desktop it went without GLES, or maybe will get the same with 14 on-device, worth checking

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
...maemo14 version on SB gave me:
Starting lincity-ng (version 2.0-maemo13 without GLES)...
Good point. It is my typo. I pushed version14 so rushy that "13" left on one place.

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
I'm lost a little - actually, current version in -devel still isn't supposed to work with OpenGLES, yep?

Do we know already how to fix it/have some ideas, or it's a "stuck" situation?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm lost a little - actually, current version in -devel still isn't supposed to work with OpenGLES, yep?

Do we know already how to fix it/have some ideas, or it's a "stuck" situation?

/Estel
Yes, still no GLES... I will review this version in the weekend and see what I can do.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
I created new virtualbox image and installed new scratchbox (fremantle-armel target).
Enabled extras-devel and nokia-binaries.
apt-get source lincity-ng
apt-get build-dep lincity-ng
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

-> game with working GLES.
So it is not about missing libraries during compile time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I created new virtualbox image and installed new scratchbox (fremantle-armel target).
Enabled extras-devel and nokia-binaries.
apt-get source lincity-ng
apt-get build-dep lincity-ng
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

-> game with working GLES.
So it is not about missing libraries during compile time.
This may sound stupid, but can we be sure that even clean sdk in scratchbox has EXACTLY THE SAME versions of toolchain elements as autobuilder? I still think this issue's reason may be ancient autobuilder toolchain interpreting some instruction in different way than our toolchains (jam? gcc is pretty much the same I guess... so either jam or debian dpkg tools). But I need to check few things first, because now I'm only guessing

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
This may sound stupid, but can we be sure that even clean sdk in scratchbox has EXACTLY THE SAME versions of toolchain elements as autobuilder?
I guess this is exactly our issue, autobuilder is not same than fresh scratchbox.

As lincity-sources have 'configure.ac' and 'autogen.sh' error could be in hand tuned 'configure'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I guess this is exactly our issue, autobuilder is not same than fresh scratchbox.

As lincity-sources have 'configure.ac' and 'autogen.sh' error could be in hand tuned 'configure'.
you can leave it for me if you are busy (or just don't want to investigate further), i'm determined to find why it fails and make it work, i will have a bit of time on friday and definitely more time on saturday and sunday

AapoRantalainen, is there any progress on putting version with working OpenGLES to -devel?

If not, maybe, as temporal solution, you could upload pre-build .debs somewhere? AIUI, it works, but autobuilder manage to screw it, somehow. Normally, I wouldn't ask for link in TMO thread, when we have working repos, but it's already many months, since problem appeared... It's shame, that OpenGLES version lies only on Yours and misiak's devices

Sorry for pestering,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: