Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I had reflashed and Modest didn't work at all for me.

Three days I kept trying to make it function with no luck.

After fixing my external memory card, doing nothing else but this, it was back like normal again and it has yet to die on me, even with 1 minute checks.

Maybe a weird coincidence but you might want to double check your SD card one more time.

I tried a different SD card, and even re-initialized it through the n810 File Manager, and IMAP connection to gmail still does not work.

Last week I created a new, dummy gmail account (and turned on IMAP) and that one did not work either.

Upon enabling Modest debug mode, here is part of the output. From what I have found, 'CAPABILITY' finds what capabilities exist on the imap server. 'ENABLE xxx' gets sent by the client to enable a certain capability. However, in this case 'ENABLE' and 'NAMESPACE' are on two different lines -- which seems like a bug to me.

I wonder if we are using different versions of Modest on our n810s.

Code:
sending : A00002 CAPABILITY
received: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 UIDPLUS COMPRESS=DEFLATE ENABLE MOVE ESEARCH
received: A00002 OK Success
sending : A00003 ENABLE 
received: A00003 BAD Could not parse command
sending : A00004 NAMESPACE
received: * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
received: A00004 OK Success
sending : A00005 LOGOUT
received: * BYE LOGOUT Requested
modest[1431]: GLIB DEBUG default - modest_tny_account_store_alert: error code 16 (IMAP command failed:  Could not parse command

The Following User Says Thank You to murphycc For This Useful Post:

Tags
modest, nokia n810