Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
hi guys,

after years, i finally digged out the 770 again, and try to revive it. Now it has the "latest" OS2006, and i try to get my smart keyboard (which looks like the freedom keyboard) connected via bluetooth.

my problem is - with "smartbt" the system will reboot once connected. with "freedom", no reboot takes place, but i can only use the keyboard to type under X-Terminal, and with other applications i noticed only arrow keys are functioning. I cannot type anything into applications such as Notes, Contacts and even Google search applet!

i notice that the virtual keyboard still pops up even though the bt keyboard is connected - would that be the reason?

hope some of you have ideas how i should solve this issue. thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to wahlau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Will check at home with 770/OS2006. My keyboard uses btfoldable keyboard type but it shouldn't matter for the issues you see. Maybe I broke something when adding OS2008 support to kbdd. I definitely tested it with 770/2007HE, not sure about 2006.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Yes, there was a bug for OS2006, either fix lines in btkbd to be
Code:
case $OSVER in
    200[78]*) IM_SWITCH=no ;;
    2006*) IM_SWITCH=yes ;;
esac
there are underscores missing. Or just redownload. It should fix both vkb popping up and text entry in Notes etc. Just beware that in OS2006 (unlike 2007HE) input method switching is a bit buggy, you need to switch focus to let applications know about the change (just open and close task navigator menu) and when disconnecting keyboard some apps need to be closed and reopened to have text entry and vkbd working correctly again (osso xterm - open new tab and close existing one).

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
shall try tomorrow. thanks!