Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
hello all

I did some searching in the forum and did not find a thread on this.. Really not sure if this has been asked and answered before..

For Diablo and my N810, IMHO the Cairo Clock is an elegant option for a clock on the hildon desktop.. This would be much better if we can select different clock faces and color to suit the theme or the background image selected..

While googling, I stumbled upon these:
Cairo Clock Themes for the Gnome desktop

Also MacSlow ( creator of the original Cairo Clock?) in his site, mentions about a how to install / create new themes for the Cairo clock

The question I have is, are these applicable for the maemo version of the Cairo clock? and if so how can we go about changing the look and feel of the Cairo clock on the N810 as in the link above.

Last edited by shin; 2010-02-15 at 13:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
An update on the above..

I tried installing the Macslow's cairo clock in my turbo easy debian env on my N810 and it seems to work, with about 10 ~ 12 different clock faces/themes available(pasted couple of screen shots below)..

The issue is that, it has this black rectangular background which does not go away even after using the " -no-background" option as suggested in one of the forums.

Though it is resize-able within the easy debian on the hildon desktop it gets displayed only fullscreen.

Now if some one can hildonize it as an applet for the desktop ( similar to Khertan's Cairoclock for maemo), we can have variety of clock faces. Having said that not sure if all this has been discussed and given up based on certain technical difficulties..

Or better still, if we can find a way to get new themes with the CairoClock on maemo, as mentioned by Macslow that would be great for both the diablo and N900 users

Please check out the thread for more details on the SVGClock for Diablo

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ In Soviet Russia
Cairo-clock need Composite extension for transparent background

Originally Posted by OID View Post
Cairo-clock need Composite extension for transparent background
background transparency for the new SVG Clock already exists. Transparency of the Cairo context is set through the highlighted operator below
Code:
cr.set_source_rgba(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
See this post for the clock with transparent background and for more details