As we are only a few hours away before opening up our presents I thought it would be a good get a thread started for us all to show off what we got.

If you want to post none techie stuff, that's fine too.

I know what I am getting already...

It's another one to add to the shelf

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hmm, maybe this?

Or even just that?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
well, I got myself a jolla a few weeks ago but before that I ordered moto X play so that will go wifey. Also, a pair of MDR-EX650 is under the tree. And something that I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's a tech stuff.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Got a Oneplus X
A beautiful phone indeed

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I got no tech at all...only stuff with personal value.

No jolla tablet.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-12-25 at 08:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
HA

Jolla Tablet could never prepare meat like this little Bastard

No tech otherwise, but i got some amazon vouchers and am now thinking about which smartwatch i'l' be testing this year.

Any advice?

I read that Lg g watch can have Asteroid OS flashed.
Is Asteroid os alread working with Jolla somehow or should i go for a pebble?
Any other options with sailfish connectivity in mind?
Does not need to be fleshed out already but maybe someone is working on something i even could contribute with my poor but evolving coding skills??
Thanks a lot for your suggestions
Ah yes, and no need for "who needs a smartwatch subthread" plz. i just want to play around a little and my expectations are low enough

Thanks and Merry Christmas again y'all!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Go with pebble Loving it since the day I got it, it's quite a no-compromise smartwatch (unless you would like to have a full phone on your wrist)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
What is the point of a phone on your wrist? Using it must be uncomfortable as hell and make you look like a total jerk.

Here is a list of things I've had in a watch, other than an alarm clock:
  • Mid 1980s: a calculator. That was cool but more to the point, useful at the time when no one carried mobile phones.
  • Late 1990s: a data bank. Utterly pointless.
  • Mid 2000s: a stopwatch with 30 laps. Useful if you do sports. I ran a couple of marathons at the time so I found it useful.
  • Mid 2000s: radio control (synchronizing the time from radio beacons). Useful for precise time freaks, otherwise not much.
  • Mid 2000s: GPS. Utterly pointless.

My current watch is mechanical and shows the time and date. Other than that, anything else in a watch is just a gimmick. Like the TV watches from the 1970s or my data bank watch, the only point is to demonstrate that yes, we can do it.

One concession could be an underwater camera. With a proper display. Not to remotely control another tech. Not to take pictures to view later on another tech. Something you could take pictures with, check and delete right away if you did not like them. But somehow that has not happened. It started in early 2000s but disappeared in a heartbeat. Pity.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My current watch is mechanical and shows the time and date. Other than that, anything else in a watch is just a gimmick.
If a person likes to wear a watch, and has a smartphone, I don't understand the opposition. I have a Pebble, and I use it to tell me the time (go figure...), the date, and the weather. Beyond that, it allows me to not have to pull my phone out for every random email, text message, or calendar reminder.

I have a small child and that leads me to be on the go A LOT. The fact that my phone can stay in my pocket, and with a quick glance I can see if anything needs further attention, is invaluable.

No new Christmas tech, here. I'm sure I will buy myself something new soon to make up for it...

Last edited by imaginaryenemy; 2015-12-28 at 22:02.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
all vaild @pichlo

i just want to test if it will reduce my "I frikkin' have to pull my phone from tiny pockets" syndrom.
Recieving ~4 notifications per hour on workdays and it could be cool to just check on the watch if its important.

I don't wear any watch since ~1997 Nokia 6110 gave me the first clock on mobile phone

So a smartwatch is kind of an experiment in many ways.
I am prepared to discover not being a watch guy at all and resell the pebble on ebay.

Far future Dick Tracy devices would have to be wrapped around another limb for me then

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
christmas 2015, xmas tech