Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
In pr 1.1 i was not able to use my maps offline. Now with pr 1.2 I can!

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
This is how it works for me (selecting the tweet and hitting the little retweet icon works as well). What kind of error do you get? Persists through reset/flash?
I get a message saying "unable to retweet". This existed on PR1.0, PR1.1 and now PR1.2. I have flashed the device multiple times (for different issues) but this one remained.

Have removed and added account too.

Update: Just a thought..I have my tweets set to private so only my contacts can see them. This is the only difference I can see between my account and others. Wonder if a privacy setting is causing this bug.

Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
Has anyone noticed limited availability of maps?
I flashed my Thailand phone (SEAP/005) with PR1.1 /001 last year and did OTA upgrade to PR1.2 just now. Under "manage maps" I can find only Europe and America for adding maps. My installed Asian maps disappeared from the list of installed maps as well.
A new "feature"? Any other experience with this?
Availability of installed maps is dependent on the PR's regional version you installed. It's normal and perfectly logical.

Anyways, you can always install the maps you want by downloading them from the Maps update.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, well........my white, made in finland, 64Gb device got bricked this am. Updated to PR1.2 and was doing fine for the past 24 hours, then noticed that I could not download my pdf files from my email and was getting some erratic behaviour with my emails with downloading sign on despite emails being received. This am I turned the device on and yellow warning triangle saying device not working properly, try update or go to nokia care.........................oh well....no wonder Elop went to MS

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Lumiaman
Dude, if you can not help and stop trolling, please at least post in the relevant thread!!!
This one is called N9 - PR1.2 Features, there is a separate one PR1.2 update bring issues(http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82633)! Tired of your posts everywhere!

@Jaekaelae
Keep the TMO clean please! Post in relevant threads!

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-02-29 at 10:48.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
When charging battery at a level below the threshold for autmatic power save mode the phone is now in normal mode. In PR1.1 it was in power save mode even while charging.

The swype keyboard also seems to be updated to a newer version. I'm getting all kind of annoying hints displayed like "Swype automatically inserts spaces. Just keep going" from time to time when I manually insert a space. Anyone know how to turn these hitns of? I have automatically insert spaces enabled. Similar hints are displayed about auto capitalization.

Last edited by glyph.se; 2012-02-29 at 12:54.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
All the features in PR1.2 is covered in the vid below. Its in Cantonese but has English subtitles. She goes over all features/changes in comparison with PR1.1 on her N9. Its 44 minutes so sit back, relax and get yourself some popcorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xJeEujtwoQ

On a side note, is anybody able to use AirUi after the update? It installs but doesn't do a thing. Also the animation/transitions between screens are faster but arent smooth as in PR1.1

Last edited by Nosph3ratu; 2012-02-29 at 13:14.

I already mentioned it in the other thread, but this one seems to be more active.

I have observed that XVID and DIVX files are a little choppy now. It's like they are skipping a frame or two. They used to play as smooth as butter with PR 1.1 H.264 files still play well though.

Btw, the XVID and DIVX files aren't even HD. Not sure how to file a bug, since I'm still new in this community, but if you guys are also experiencing this, please file a bug report.

Originally Posted by SaQ View Post
In pr 1.1 i was not able to use my maps offline. Now with pr 1.2 I can!
Note also that compass works with Nokia maps in PR 1.2.

My wife becomes jealous of my N9

The Following User Says Thank You to iMeTubes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by iMeTubes View Post
Note also that compass works with Nokia maps in PR 1.2.
Echo that. The N9 is now pretty much a full fledged GPS device

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post: