Notices

Pulled down the latest update (Maemo) today. New widget looks good, looks like there's no settings for the widget, but I can just see something when I touch the screen on the settings menu. The Media Content and Appearance bars just show up when you hold your finger on the screen.

Not sure if this is a CSSU v Stock Maemo 5 problem or if it's the theme and font colours that I'm using. I'll try a few more tricks when I get a chance.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Pulled down the latest update (Maemo) today. New widget looks good, looks like there's no settings for the widget, but I can just see something when I touch the screen on the settings menu. The Media Content and Appearance bars just show up when you hold your finger on the screen.

Not sure if this is a CSSU v Stock Maemo 5 problem or if it's the theme and font colours that I'm using. I'll try a few more tricks when I get a chance.
I made some changes to the way themes are applied to make it easier to 'drop in' code from the Harmattan version, but I forgot to test the widget and the settings. I'll fix it and release another update soon.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Got the last update. Can see what's going on now, thanks Marxian.

With regards to my problem ages ago (Youtube videos not downloading), since I was forced to do a reflash a couple weeks ago, even that issue has now been resolved.
I'm now running stock kernel (no overclocking) and I'm surprised how well things are going with regards to playing videos.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
No, this thread is for the N900 version. There is a separate thread for the N9 version in the MeeGo-Harmattan subsection, though I would prefer support requests for that to be made via email. There is less risk of me missing something, and as a Nokia Store publisher I have an obligation to respond to all emails.

I'm no longer working on Open Video Player as it relies on APIs that I consider to be fundamentally broken. I've had my fill of problems with the QML Video plugin. It can't even play all videos that can be played in the stock video player, and has become unstable in PR1.2. I'm staying away from multimedia for my future Qt projects.
Oops sorry, I got that thread and this one mixed up.
Sigh, too bad on the OVP, liked it a lot, would gladly support your work.

I'm getting intermittent corrupt downloads now. This started happening after a recent qmltube upgrade. Anybody else getting this? Quite annoying after downloading a 100mb lecture..

edit: i've gone back to ver 1.27, the last version i didn't have any (download) problems with. will report back if this doesn't 'fix' the problem.

Last edited by marbleuser; 2012-03-13 at 23:23.

I have some fail transfers items. How can I do something to remove it? I select all & cancel it, but restart it will be there. the fail transfers is empty, that is no word to show. I want to clear but ...

Can you login to dailymotion? Doesn't seem to work - my password is always refused.

Sometimes Cutetube seems to start the same video twice, one slightly after the other while the audio overlaps. You hear 2 audio streams and even if you stop one video, the other one seems to keep running in the background regardless, since you can hear the audio. The only way to stop it is to close Cutetube.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Sometimes Cutetube seems to start the same video twice, one slightly after the other while the audio overlaps. You hear 2 audio streams and even if you stop one video, the other one seems to keep running in the background regardless, since you can hear the audio. The only way to stop it is to close Cutetube.
I have noticed this too...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

not able to log in onto youtube account anymore after the latest update. Hitting the username and password login doesnt respond with no display of cursor.....any help wud be appreciated. Thank You.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube