Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I've just ported QJson 0.8.1 to Fremantle. It's not tested yet and armel only (some optify problems on i386). It's in extras-devel

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
What is it? I think some sort of description is good for Fremantle apps, as the N900 has very limited rootfs space.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
some basic googling skills are necessary for everyone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
What is it? I think some sort of description is good for Fremantle apps, as the N900 has very limited rootfs space.
https://gitorious.org/qjson/
QJson is a qt-based library that maps JSON data to QVariant objects: JSON arrays will be mapped to QVariantList instances, while JSON objects will be mapped to QVariantMap.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
some basic googling skills are necessary for everyone
Good point. I am mainly thinking from the perspective of someone with a poor 2g connection, where googling something means loading two extra webpages, each of which take 5 minutes or so.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I've just ported QJson 0.8.1 to Fremantle. It's not tested yet and armel only (some optify problems on i386). It's in extras-devel
Newbie question here: if I wanted to use this library from within Qt Creator, what would be the best way to go about it? I could probably "install" the QJson package into the Qt Maemo sysroot by hand, but I'm kind of hoping that there's a more elegant method available...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Newbie question here: if I wanted to use this library from within Qt Creator, what would be the best way to go about it? I could probably "install" the QJson package into the Qt Maemo sysroot by hand, but I'm kind of hoping that there's a more elegant method available...
You can use mad-admin (located under Maemo/4.6.2/bin/) to install debian packages using xdpkg:

Code:
/path/to/mad-admin xdpkg -i package_0.0.1_armel.deb

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2014-08-09 at 18:33. Reason: s/dpkg/xdpkg

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You can use mad-admin (located under Maemo/4.6.2/bin/) to install debian packages using dpkg:

Code:
/path/to/mad-admin dpkg -i package_0.0.1_armel.deb
Thank you! I'm getting closer, but not quite there yet. I spent a few hours fighting with mad-admin, who refused to acknowledge the existence of "dpkg" (even though it was sitting right in the "madbin" directory). However, it did show the command "xdpkg" being available, and so I gave that a try. I was able to install the qjson0 debian package using this, and successfully compiled against it. But now, when I try to install a binary to my N900, I'm getting a "no dependency information found" error. My initial assumption here is that this is a side-effect of not using dpkg... Anyway, here's the error message:

Code:
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: no dependency information found for /Users/john/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim/usr/lib/libqjson.so.0 (used by debian/linguine/opt/linguine/bin/linguine).
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
Packaging Error: Command '/Users/john/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/bin/mad dpkg-buildpackage -nc -uc -us' failed.Exit code: 2
Error while building project linguine (target: Maemo5)
When executing build step 'Create Debian Package'
Any hints as to what I need to investigate next?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Thank you! I'm getting closer, but not quite there yet. I spent a few hours fighting with mad-admin, who refused to acknowledge the existence of "dpkg" (even though it was sitting right in the "madbin" directory). However, it did show the command "xdpkg" being available, and so I gave that a try. I was able to install the qjson0 debian package using this, and successfully compiled against it. But now, when I try to install a binary to my N900, I'm getting a "no dependency information found" error. My initial assumption here is that this is a side-effect of not using dpkg... Anyway, here's the error message:

Code:
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: no dependency information found for /Users/john/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim/usr/lib/libqjson.so.0 (used by debian/linguine/opt/linguine/bin/linguine).
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
Packaging Error: Command '/Users/john/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/bin/mad dpkg-buildpackage -nc -uc -us' failed.Exit code: 2
Error while building project linguine (target: Maemo5)
When executing build step 'Create Debian Package'
Any hints as to what I need to investigate next?
xdpkg is actually the right command.

It sounds like a problem with your control file. Did you add libqjson to Depends and libqjson-dev to Build-Depends?

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It sounds like a problem with your control file. Did you add libqjson to Depends and libqjson-dev to Build-Depends?
I have tried a number of variations of "libjson", "libjson0", "Libjson", "Libjson0", "blah", etc., and they all come up with the same results. So, I've probably still got something set up wrong somewhere...