Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
NVideo is a youtube videos browser, searcher and player written in Qt C++ with many extra features and easy navigation menu specifically designed for N900, searching youtube video in NVideo is very fast and easy with keyword suggestion from google and search history.

Features includes:

* Browsing - all standard feeds included many not offically available.
* Playlist - create, delete, play.
* Favorite - add, delete
* Subscription - subscribe, unsubscribe
* Uploads - view, delete your uploaded video.
* Other user - view other user's uploads, favorite, playlist (only if they are public)
* Download - download, delete to and from local memory and view your downloaded videos info just as they are on youtube server.
* Recently Watched - keep history of most recent watched videos.
* Searching Video - combined google suggestion with search history keyword make searching is very easy and fast.
* Player - playback videos in landscape mode only and many available features while viewing video includes rate, add to favorite, subscribe, add comment, and related/playlist videos & comments bar on the side.
* Reopen the last visited page if possible at startup.
* Social network sharing including Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Bluetooth tranfer for downloaded videos. (version 0.1.2+)
Usage notes:

* NVideo use contextmenu/long press menu heavily, long press on the video selection will give you the available action menu according to your current view.
* Searching video is just as easy as slide out the keyboard and start typing and press Enter key.
* Scroll right to left when in landscape mode and up and down when in portrait mode.
* Must tap on the thumbnail in order to play video, tap on the white title box will do nothing, try to avoid accidently playing video when scrolling.
* In video player interface, Related videos bar has two option, tap to play the video immediately or long press and choose add to current play queue. Switching between Related videos and Video comments bar by swiping left on video screen.
* In Setting menu, there's preferred server checked box option, which set to use local youtube cache server, toggle this if there's problem with playback buffering issue with current server, it's a nice option to have just in case.

Download link http://store.ovi.com/content/208579

Last edited by khuong; 2012-04-20 at 20:26.

The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Thank You!
to post screen shots just upload it somewhere and get the link then add it fast and easy with "insert Image" Icon.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
Thank You!
to post screen shots just upload it somewhere and get the link then add it fast and easy with "insert Image" Icon.
I can't, all my message tool was disable somehow, clicking on the insert image did nothing. Did moderator disable it? I used to be able to insert images here just fine, now none of my message tool works, can't even make the word bold.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Cool! Waiting for the release...
Also: Can you please package something for Harmattan?
I could help with it if you want.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Nice to see more applications for Maemo. But does it use QML or Qwidgets? Also it seems that autobuilder isn't able to build your application. What's the problem with it? You should realy ask help because we're all waiting to test NVideo!
Guitar Chords

Originally Posted by TomppaS View Post
Nice to see more applications for Maemo. But does it use QML or Qwidgets? Also it seems that autobuilder isn't able to build your application. What's the problem with it? You should realy ask help because we're all waiting to test NVideo!
As always, the autobuilder dependencies problem. Hate it.

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
I can't, all my message tool was disable somehow, clicking on the insert image did nothing. Did moderator disable it? I used to be able to insert images here just fine, now none of my message tool works, can't even make the word bold.
Is JavaScript enabled in the browser you're using?

Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Is JavaScript enabled in the browser you're using?
I tried every devices i have, phones, tablet, and several computers in my house, and thousand different browser with javascript. None is working. It must be my forum account was restricted somehow, i wonder who is the forum admin here, I need some explaination here.

Ok, it's in the extra-devel repository now. Feedbacks are welcome.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Cool! Waiting for the release...
Also: Can you please package something for Harmattan?
I could help with it if you want.
I don't have any Harmattan device to test, and simulator is not enough.