Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
My n900 is heavily guarded by ur'm just me no one is to even so much glance at it without my permission let alone touch it don't mess with the N900.
Powered by blue dream

Nokia N810 32gb
CSSU Stable Latest
Telescope
Turbo Kernel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
you are right! it also"has an "avoid" of 125."
and why my device has become too hot?
Presumably for some other reason. I have a feeling you have nothing to worry about. I don't remember ever hearing about an N900 burning up. You could always flash to get back to factory standard.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
My N900 is running 500, 900 MHz with SmartReflex on. When watching videos in microb the website with the video reloads suddenly after about 3 minutes.

This is not happening when I'm limiting the N900 @805 MHz min/max with SmartReflex on.

It's no big problem, I just wanted to point that out.

Voltages:
500:37,500 900:55,500 (website reloads)
VDD1=1
VDD2=1

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
My N900 is running 500, 900 MHz with SmartReflex on. When watching videos in microb the website with the video reloads suddenly after about 3 minutes.

This is not happening when I'm limiting the N900 @805 MHz min/max with SmartReflex on.

It's no big problem, I just wanted to point that out.

Voltages:
500:37,500 900:55,500 (website reloads)
VDD1=1
VDD2=1
Overclocking DSP for frequencies bellow 600 is not supported when SmartReflex is on. You should use stock DSP frequencies for MPU frequencies in range 250-600, otherwise DSP won't have enough voltage to run stable.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
I think KP50 has killed my N900.

as i have posted before that my device temperature is higher than the normal, but no one said it may be dangerous so i ignored it

But today i found that there are a few lines on my screen( i think this is because of KP50 which made my N900 warm)

check this thread i have posted there my problem also one man is confirming same problem in same thread that warmness killed his N900

Originally Posted by lightscribe View Post
i have similar issue it starts messing and after some time it disapears and i guess usually it starts when i'm in from cold to warm permisses maybe, wanted to photo that malfunction but now its in good mood, thinkin to buy flex cable and try to change it, any sugestions?

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia

as i have posted before that my device temperature is higher than the normal, but no one said it may be dangerous so i ignored it

But today i found that there are a few lines on my screen( i think this is because of KP50 which made my N900 warm)

check this thread i have posted there my problem also one man is confirming same problem in same thread that warmness killed his N900
that is strange as two or three times my n900 overheated(playing n64 games on 1150MHz for a rather long time) it always shut down

and i sometimes get those same doted lines on my n900(for a year at least) and it still hasnt died

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-05-06 at 15:27.

maybe "safety shutdown" stopped working in KP50, that would mean the overheat won't trigger killing the system, so it would be dangerous to the hardware? I'm not demanding anybody to test it since there's a good chance killing the device in short test - but if somebody believe KP50 is perfect for this - he can ON OWN RISK purporsely try to make N900 hot so check if has a "safety shutdown". Notice that it may also crash the system on calculation error so system would be killed without safety abilities.

Stop spreading FUD, pls. Even if it does have anything to do with warmness - which I seriously doubt - not kernel-power "killed it", but only a fatal error called "nicholes-user". You were told many time to not use idiotic settings like overclocking above 900 mhz, +, when You reported unusually warm device last time, I, personally, advised You to post powertop output etc. Which You haven't, nor took any other steps recommended by experienced users.

Blaming it @ KP - when You decided to follow some meaningless advices like "overheating isn't bad", instead - is out of line. You're fully responsible for Your actions with device, and due to lack of deeper understanding about overclocking (both MPU and DSP, which is case of 720p video recording/playback mod), nor willing to learn, You should be sitting @ stock frequencies.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
that is strange as two or three times my n900 overheated(playing n64 games on 1150MHz for a rather long time) it always shut down

and i sometimes get those same doted lines on my n900(for a year at least) and it still hasnt died
sorry i did not mean that

it would be better to say that "KP has started kiling my N900"

as i have searched many of people has faced this problem and they did not find any solution and in last get dead n900
Attached Images

My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Stop spreading FUD, pls. Even if it does have anything to do with warmness - which I seriously doubt - not kernel-power "killed it", but only a fatal error called "nicholes-user". You were told many time to not use idiotic settings like overclocking above 900 mhz, +, when You reported unusually warm device last time, I, personally, advised You to post powertop output etc. Which You haven't, nor took any other steps recommended by experienced users.

Blaming it @ KP - when You decided to follow some meaningless advices like "overheating isn't bad", instead - is out of line. You're fully responsible for Your actions with device, and due to lack of deeper understanding about overclocking (both MPU and DSP, which is case of 720p video recording/playback mod), nor willing to learn, You should be sitting @ stock frequencies.

/Estel
hey Estel.

dont get engry, i did not blame KP i said "I THINK" and it means i may be wrong too. i told what i "THINK" only,

and as you ask for the powertop output, no one told me before.

but i cant do it now as i have uninstalled KP rightnow so plz dont get me wrong.

My YouTube videos

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali