Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Anybody tried the new boaFM FM radio apps for N800? It got this nice additional feature to save FM recording. But I can't figure out where does the file stores to (despite several attempts of supposedly successful recording) ?

Anybody knows? Thank you!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
seems like "Audio clips" is the place, filename based on date, time and channel.

hmm, i wonder if that location should be configurable, as long wav recordings can become big...

But I can't find any recorded file in that directory (~/MyDocs/.sounds or "Audio clips"). Did you manage to record a file successfully?

sure did. hit record, then hit stop shen done. should show up i the dir.

still, there is a 0.1.3 in garage now, with a configurable path

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
v0.1.3 works One problem which I'm not sure if it is due to boaFM. After closing boaFM, I notice my N800 idle power consumptions increases from 0.5% per hour to 1% per hour (tracked using Advanced Power applet). Some processes seem to be 'hanging around' even after quitting boaFM?

iirc, there was something a while back about the original radio applet not shutting down the electronics correctly. could be that boafm has the same issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tso View Post
iirc, there was something a while back about the original radio applet not shutting down the electronics correctly. could be that boafm has the same issue.
This could be. The FM radio has to be shut down after use. Just muting it is not enough.
With pyfmradio which boafm uses, this would be calling the close() method. Well, I see that it's calling close() in the __del__ destructor, but maybe this method doesn't get invoked for some reason.

Tags
boafm