Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
This is good news for the soon to be owners of the N810:

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ips.8gb.cards/

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
In the meantime, i'm waiting for dual 32GB cards on N800 this january </madness> :P

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
R-R, If you happen to have a little extra cash (I sense you might ) please do grab me 2 as well

--Jon

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I think I've learned that buying the smallest memory card (ie. micro) will provide the greatest compatability in future - buying full size SD cards has left me with a bunch of cards that can't be used in future devices.

At least micro cards will work in mini and full size slots with the appropriate adaptors.

Originally Posted by from the article
The company is aiming the new cards squarely at users with mobile phones that accept memory
If these cards are "aimed squarely at [..] phones" I wonder what kind of performance to expect?

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
If these cards are "aimed squarely at [..] phones" I wonder what kind of performance to expect?
Hopefully that has more to do with size than speed. Given that the phones that need that much storage are multimedia-oriented, hopefully fast enough to read/write movie files.

The image browser in OS2007 is slow enough as it is -- this ought to improve in OS2008 (if only because the CPU is not underclocked anymore), but right now it's not even IO-bound.