Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
if you want to sell your device in the future you will need to protect the screen
Zagg Invisible Shield 'full body' went on my n900 when i first got the device and its in mint condition because of it
but i also have a galaxy tab and an ipad, and dont have anything on their screens, because they dont go in and out of my pocket everyday

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Some of the air bubbles are not really air bubbles. Most of the time, there is dust or lint stuck beneath the screen protector. Get a scotch tape and gently take out the dust or lint on the screen before applying the screen protector.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Also I tried running a hot shower and doing it in the bathroom like you suggest, it didn't help the problem with stray dust particles for me.
I've had better luck applying the screen protector in my garage (which has no air conditioning and normally goes days without anyone entering it). Probably any place with limited air movement, so that dust can settle out of the air, would be useful for this sort of task...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
I've had screen protectors on for a year but then had some issues with the screen not responding to touches, when I removed the protector the issues vanished. I've now decided to go permanently 'naked' as I've had my N900 for over a year now and I expect to keep it another year at least as my main phone - If I get a few scratches and decide to keep it a third year, I'll buy a new front screen! and...I've cut my nails :-)

Dan

p.s I've found a big improvement in the screens clarity and responsiveness without the protector.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Tried to put on a cheap screen protector. Turned out that the patience I have while learning new guitar tricks or fiddling with computers was not apparent while trying to apply the protector. So I wasted one of them and the other one is still in the Nokia box.

I am really careful not to scratch it, though, and I suppose I would be less careful if I wouldn't have to pay so much attention to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
i have a invisibleshield from zagg. it's the best and a screenprotector ist a must. the screen glass is not very scratch proof.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
I use the CP-321, my N900 looks the same as the day I bought it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Duffer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Scotland
I have been using a screen protector since day one, I got it free with a protective case from eBay and I've had no problems with it. I would not want to use my n900 without one, it's too valuable and vulnerable and heavily used for me to take chance.

I'm also interested in getting one of the privacy screen protectors, the ones using the 3M microblade technology. I did actually get a cheap one from eBay but it's orientated incorrectly, someone sitting beside me on the train would be able to see my screen just fine but someone sitting above me wouldn't. I assume the manufacturer didn't realise that the n900 is used almost exclusivly with landscape orientation. If anyone here has found a correctly orientated privacy protector then I'd appreciate them posting the details here.

On a related note, it took me a while to find a decent protective case that was usable. I tried a soft rubber case and a hard plastic case and found major issues with them both. I now have a 'gel' case which I'm very happy with. It's worth noting that the gel case has an integral screen protector, it's transparent and the portion covering the screen is much thinner than the rest of the case. It's thin enough for touch to work although I found the accuracy suffered, that may be because my conventional adhsive screen protector was still installed under it. I cut the screen section out of the case with a scalpel but it may be an option for some people and as a case it's wonderful.

The Following User Says Thank You to klepto For This Useful Post:
Screen protectors are all well and good, but they won't prevent you getting a nice dent in the screen like on my device!

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
When you do scratch your screen you will wish you had used a screen protector.

I've been using a Vikuiti™ screen protector DQC160 on my n900 for over a year now and the screenprotector has some minor scratches and one small deeper scratch.

I will be trying the Martin Fields one next...

BTW, there have been numerous interesting threads before about screen protectors so if you want to read about them, just search

The Following User Says Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post: