Active Topics

Notices

Is there a way to prevent mycontacts from being loaded on startup of the phone filling the whole desktop?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beatty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
In the monitoring calls for, what is the difference between
a) Auto Reject Calls and
b) All( reject private calls)?

We can only choose one option. Does it mean if we have a contact to be rejected and we added the contact to the rejected list and we select option (a) the person can call us from a private number? Or does it mean if we select option b and the contact added to the rejection list can still call us?

The reason is I have someone on the rejected list and I selected option b [All (rejected private calls)] and I can still receive calls from the person on my rejected list. Is there a way to have both private numbers and a person on your contact list rejected?

Thanks.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
In the monitoring calls for, what is the difference between
a) Auto Reject Calls and
It will monitor calls and JUST compare the caller's number against your group "Block calls from". It does not do anything with private numbers.

b) All( reject private calls)?
It will monitor calls and check the caller's number on all groups (groups with custom ring tones and "block calls from") plus it will reject calls from any private numbers.

We can only choose one option. Does it mean if we have a contact to be rejected and we added the contact to the rejected list and we select option (a) the person can call us from a private number?
Yes. The application CAN'T know that is the same person if he is calling from a private number. The only option that will automatically reject ALL calls from private numbers is "All(reject private calls)"

Or does it mean if we select option b and the contact added to the rejection list can still call us?
If you select option B any calls from a contact in the "block list" will be rejected and ANY call from a private number will also be rejected.

The reason is I have someone on the rejected list and I selected option b [All (rejected private calls)] and I can still receive calls from the person on my rejected list. Is there a way to have both private numbers and a person on your contact list rejected?
When "all (reject private calls)" is selected, If the contact is on your "rejected list" and calls from any phone number you have for him on the address book the call should be rejected. If he (or anybody else) calls from a private number it also should be automatically rejected.
You can always check the application log to find out what is going on. It should list any call you have received and how the application dealt with it.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It will monitor calls and JUST compare the caller's number against your group "Block calls from". It does not do anything with private numbers.

It will monitor calls and check the caller's number on all groups (groups with custom ring tones and "block calls from") plus it will reject calls from any private numbers.

Yes. The application CAN'T know that is the same person if he is calling from a private number. The only option that will automatically reject ALL calls from private numbers is "All(reject private calls)"

If you select option B any calls from a contact in the "block list" will be rejected and ANY call from a private number will also be rejected.

When "all (reject private calls)" is selected, If the contact is on your "rejected list" and calls from any phone number you have for him on the address book the call should be rejected. If he (or anybody else) calls from a private number it also should be automatically rejected.
You can always check the application log to find out what is going on. It should list any call you have received and how the application dealt with it.
How do I go about checking the call log?

Also, is there a particular format the phone number has to be added in for it to be blocked? I live in the USA so when calls come, it starts with a one e.g 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. For mycontact to block that number do we have to delete the one precede the phone number or it should automatically detect and block the number with or without the one in front of the number.

i try using but it doesnt integrate well with conversation plug ins :/

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
With the new CSSU update MyContacts widget losses the black background and contact page losses some icons.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
With the new CSSU update MyContacts widget losses the black background and contact page losses some icons.
Confirmed. It also affects FastSMSEvo and SpeedCrunch and probably other Qt apps. Must be because of the new Qt packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
After 2 months with MyContacts, i finally decided to uninstall it. It is nice, but makes n900 *SO* slow :-( conky shows that it is primary reason of high disk io peaks on otherwise idle machine, despite the fact it is *most* memory consuming application..

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
After 2 months with MyContacts, i finally decided to uninstall it. It is nice, but makes n900 *SO* slow :-( conky shows that it is primary reason of high disk io peaks on otherwise idle machine, despite the fact it is *most* memory consuming application..
Can you elaborate on this? I am a little surprised. MyContacts shouldn't be involved in any major disk io and be well behaved while idle.

The only two things that should stand out is when it is loading the contacts for the first time and that it will "hold" some memory. I can't think of any reason to take CPU cycles or disk io.

EDIT: MyContacts on my phone while idle reports 0.0% CPU.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-04-12 at 23:23.