Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
mine RSS is working fine... Point NO. 6 solved.... mine Calender is fine.

Anyone got Network IP..?
where are you from and where did you buy it? unlocked or carrier?

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California

2. I tried attaching 4-5 photos (2.5mb) and sending via hotmail, it worked unlike N8.
There is a size limit if you are using Nokia Messaging (a.k.a accept the TOS) for email. Add your email account manually and decline the TOS and you can fire away all your hearts desire of attachments (also depends on your email service).

edit: The above is for the N8, or any other S^3 device.

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
also for any Aussie's out there, there is an issue with crazy john's and the n9 (you can choose between the ability to make calls or the ability to connect to data, definitely network issue on Crazy John's side), they say they are talking to nokia to sort it out. hopefully they do sort it out soon, i want my data connection.

EDIT: crazy john's issue now fixed
I got my N9 yesterday and haven't been able to access the internet (except for wifi) at all. Crazy John's say it could take about a week to sort it out..

Any other service providers having difficulties?

Otherwise, I'm loving the phone. Although I would like more customization as far as the home screens go, the user experience the phone offers makes up for it IMO.

My one main gripe (apart from the internet problems) is how to answer calls - Nokia have yet again made things more difficult. To answer an incoming call, you have to make TWO touches - one to unlock the screen, then another to actually answer it. It should only be one touch.

Also, initially you can't delete music files from the phone (had to connect to PC) but after installing a file manager from the Ovi Store, this can be done. It's strange because Nokia phones have ALWAYS had this functionality.

Music and videos look great.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
where are you from and where did you buy it? unlocked or carrier?
Hello.. I am from Middle East (United Arab Emirates), I bought the device from Nokia Store unlocked. There is no option to view network IP address from within the mobile....

Originally Posted by mnnm View Post
I got my N9 yesterday and haven't been able to access the internet (except for wifi) at all. Crazy John's say it could take about a week to sort it out..

Any other service providers having difficulties?

Otherwise, I'm loving the phone. Although I would like more customization as far as the home screens go, the user experience the phone offers makes up for it IMO.

My one main gripe (apart from the internet problems) is how to answer calls - Nokia have yet again made things more difficult. To answer an incoming call, you have to make TWO touches - one to unlock the screen, then another to actually answer it. It should only be one touch.

Also, initially you can't delete music files from the phone (had to connect to PC) but after installing a file manager from the Ovi Store, this can be done. It's strange because Nokia phones have ALWAYS had this functionality.

Music and videos look great.
Hi... you are absolutely correct. Two touching is a bit annoying but it's responsive unlike N8. Moreover, swiping down to close an application should take you to main screen or application screen... not to open applications windows - or it should be on user's chose to choose it while enabling "swipe to close application".

what is the max size of video did you tried to transfer? i tried to transfer Cars2 movie of 4.56GB and it didn't worked with me.. even while copying paste, windows said it is not allowed by phone.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
"2. I tried attaching 4-5 photos (2.5mb) and sending via hotmail, it worked unlike N8."

How about batch select and upload pictures to Flickr?

N900 would allow you to a whole batch at once and then upload it in the background.
Just asking as this a some people a Nokia must have closed a deal with Pixelpipe depriving the N8 (THE camera phone) from this great built in feature.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Are captured videos smooth or they stutter like on n900?

Hello.. I am from Middle East (United Arab Emirates), I bought the device from Nokia Store unlocked. There is no option to view network IP address from within the mobile....
If you have developer mode enabled and installed terminal, type in“ ip addr”. that should give you the ip.

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
nokia should make answer call on swipe up, mute call on swipe from sides, and reject on swipe from the top. imo. or any variety of those. maybe swipe up to simply inlocl, swipe from right to answer, from left to reject, and from top to silence.