Is anyone else noticing screen tear in the browser?

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Is anyone else noticing screen tear in the browser?
Yes!... quite badly!

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fr/2015/...-tools-by.html

more mcetool examples described here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Well, here is my feedback about covers and swips(not with SF 1.9). I don't undersand how you can find them intuitives. The first time I saw covers, I thought the icons were buttons, and there is no way to discover than there are swips with them (or by accident). However, with a good UI, it should not be required to read the manual to understand how to read it. So having buttons instead is a good idea, but it should be settings allowing users to choose if they want buttons or swip.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
or maybe just insert a step on tutorial to let user know swipe of covers...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Well, here is my feedback about covers and swips(not with SF 1.9). I don't undersand how you can find them intuitives. The first time I saw covers, I thought the icons were buttons, and there is no way to discover than there are swips with them (or by accident). However, with a good UI, it should not be required to read the manual to understand how to read it. So having buttons instead is a good idea, but it should be settings allowing users to choose if they want buttons or swip.
Can you believe how many PC / tablet users I have to remind about right mouse click (or tap and hold) these days? Clearly not intuitive enough.

Should we really sit and wait for Apple to introduce the swipe covers actions?
Not saying having buttons is not good but personally I find a swipe over the whole area of the minimized application easier than a targeted tap on the small button area.

There is really no excuse for Jolla not to include both options in settings / gestures options.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You all three are right. Cover swipes are not mentioned in Tutorial. I also thought they were buttons when first saw them. The only place I learned about cover swipes was one casual comment on TJC.

I was tempted to say Apple would never introduce something as confusing as cover swipes but then, they introduced pinch to zoom, did they not? It is also not something I would think of first. When someone handed me an iPhone with a map on a street a few years ago, I looked for buttons to zoom in, until I gave up and asked.

I would prefer fully interactive covers myself. Not two swipes (or buttons), but as many as the developer deems fit. Like what we have on widgets on other platforms. That's what covers are, after all. Widgets in disguise.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would prefer fully interactive covers myself. Not two swipes (or buttons), but as many as the developer deems fit. Like what we have on widgets on other platforms. That's what covers are, after all. Widgets in disguise.
True and without the possibilities your describe above and Sailfish 2.0 running on a 7 inch ultra high resolution tablet display there will be not much going on the multitasking screen.

Pinch to zoom is really not intuitive and the worst thing about it is that you need to hold the device by 2 hands to do it comfortably. Yet I noticed people trying to pinch zoom when presented a printed, framed picture

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Can I tweak the doubletap for screen opening somehow? My phone opened itself in my pocket 10 times today and it's annoying the sh*t out of me...

This is definitely because of the "improved" doubletap in 2.0

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Can I tweak the doubletap for screen opening somehow? My phone opened itself in my pocket 10 times today and it's annoying the sh*t out of me...

This is definitely because of the "improved" doubletap in 2.0
You can disable the double tap to wakeup using mce tool.
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.de/2015/...-tools-by.html

Or you could blame the fabric in your trousers' pockets for absorbing infrared light.

Or you could get a case for the phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: